- SEB 33rd TARTU RATTARALLI (33. RR) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with sponsors and supporters.
- 33. RR will be organized according to the UCI CR, Estonian Cyclists Union rules, current Race Regulations and according to the decisions made by the Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- 33. RR takes place on Sunday, June 1st 2014.
133 km mass-start at 10:00 in front of Aura Centre at Turu Str, in Tartu. 70 km mass-start at 12:00 at the same place. 70 km race is not a competition. The results will be published in alphabetical order, without ranking. Finish of both races in front of Aura Centre at Turu Str in Tartu.
133km course: Tartu – Tatra - Pangodi – Otepää – Risttee – Sihva – sports road– Aedlinn – Otepää – Palu - Hellenurme – Elva – airport – Tartu
70km course: Tartu – Tatra - Pangodi – Elva - airport – Tartu
- There are 6 service points (TP) on 133 km the race: 1. Pangodi 26,2km, 2. Otepää 43,7km, 3. Sihva 67km, Palu 84km, 5. Elva 101km, 6. Ülenurme 124,4km. 3 service points (TP) on 70km the race: 1. Pangodi 26,2km, 2. Elva 38,7km, 3. Ülenurme 62km. There are 2 mountain sprints on 133km race: on 22nd km and on 74,5th km; and 2 intermediate sprints: on 43,7th km and on 101st km.
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Control times of SP’s.
Time limits 133km 70km Pangodi SP 26,2km 11.30 13.30 Otepää SP 43,7km 12.30 - Sihva SP 67km 13.30 - Palu SP 84 km 14.30 - Elva SP 101/38,8km 16.00 15.00 Ülenurme SP 124,4/62km 17.00 17.00
- The choice of the bicycle is free. Moving along the track with outside help (for example transport) will lead to disqualification. The disqualification also bases on the video recordings of the race that will be watched through before publishing official results.
- Racing with a non-standard bicycle (not corresponding with UCI CR 1.3.007-1.3.009 and 1.3.024) only allowed with the permission and conditions given by the UCI commissaire. This racer must race without endangering other racers and the result will be given separately.
- Considering the safety of other racers, time-trial and triathlon type handlebars are not allowed! Organizers ask to remove from bikes all kind of additional gear which could possibly attach and harm other riders in the bunch (side mirrors, racks etc.)
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Helmets are obligatory! Riders without helmets will be disqualified. The disqualification may also be based on the video recordings of the race that shall be reviewed before publishing official results.
- The course is open for regular traffic. Riders must follow traffic rules, signs and traffic officers’ orders. Riding on the left side of the road is strictly prohibited!
- Age limit: all riders born in 1999 (on 65 km 2002) or earlier are allowed to participate.
Age groups of 135km:
Women: N17 (birth years 1999-97), N20 (96-94), N21 (93-80), N35 (79-75), N40 (74-70), N45 (69-65), N50 (64-60), N55 (59-55), N60 (54-50), N65 (49-45), N70 (44 and earlier);
Men: M17 (99-97), M20 (96-94), M21 (93-80), M35 (79-75), M40 (74-70), M45 (69-65), M50 (64-60), M55 (59-55), M60 (54-50), M65 (49-45), M70 (44-40), M75 (39-35), M80 (34 and earlier).
With trainer’s permission, younger riders can also participate on the 135 km race.
Younger riders can participate in the 65 km race with parents, on their responsibility.
- Start groups:
Start groups 133km start numbers 70km start numbers Elite 1 – 200 1. 201 – 300 5001 – 5500 2. 301 – 500 5501 – 6000 3. 501 – 700 6001 – 6500 4. 701 – 1000 6501 – 7000 5. 1001 – 1500 7001 - ... 6. 1501 – 2000 7. 2001 - ...
- The main principle of composing start groups for Tartu Rattaralli, is to secure the safety of participants by placing the riders with the same capabilities to the same start group. The best indicator of the rider’s capability is his/her results on the previous Tartu Rattaralli.
- The riders’ personal results of both distances will be taken into consideration in assigning start numbers only during registrations up to 23.05.2014. Organizers do not guarantee start number at the same start group as the previous result.
- Riders without Tartu Rattaralli result, who want to improve their starting position, can send written application with indicating their cycling results of last season (2013) and with internet link to indicated race result list. Application must be sent by 23.05.2014 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Later complaints shall not be taken into consideration.
- The result on the same distance has priority. The results of RR 2013 (coef 1) or (in case of no result in that year) RR 2012 (coef 1,2) will be taken into consideration in disposing the start numbers. Organizers do not guarantee start number at the same start group as the previous result.
- Elite group is composed of UCI M Elite or M U23 license holders and the top 150 riders from RR 2013.
- Riders with UCI W Elite licence will be placed to the startgroups by their previous results on Tartu Rattaralli. Riders without Tartu Rattaralli result, who want to improve their starting position, can send written application with indicating their cycling results of last season (2013) and with internet link to indicated race result list. Application must be sent by 23.05.2014 at the latest to email@example.com. Later complaints shall not be taken into consideration.
- Riders, who have not participated in the last two years, will get start numbers to the last start groups in the order of the registration.
- Every rider must enter the start gate according to his/her start number. Participants, who start in an earlier start corridor than their start number would allow them to, are disqualified. Exceptions are made for participants that wish to start in a later start group.
- The start list by start groups will be issued on website in week after finish of the first entry wave, the start list by start numbers will be issued on website three days before the race at the latest.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at www.tartumaraton.ee up to May 30th, 17:00;
- in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information: ph.: +372 7421 644, fax: +372 7422 536) up to May 29th 17:00;
- in the race centre (Turu Str 10 parking lot, next to Aura aquapark) on May 30st at 12:00-19:00 and on May 31st at 9:00-17:00;
- in the shops of Hawaii Express all over Estonia until May 30th.
- Entry fees:
Entry wave 133km 70km up to 02.05.2014 30 € 20 € 03.05.14-23.05.14 40 € 25 € 24.05.14-31.05.14 60€ 40 €
- In case of waiving the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 31.05.14, the registration to the 2015 RR is available at a 50% discount.
- If the race will be cancelled due to force majeure, the entry fee will not be refunded. Force majeure is an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the organizers, such as a war, strike, riot, fire, flooding, earthquake, hurricane, snow storm etc.).
- Re-registration (changing of the distance, number or name) takes place in the race centre or by written application to firstname.lastname@example.org until May 31st, 17:00. There will be no re-registration on the day of the race. Re-registration fee is 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances. Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification! In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 EUR replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre (Turu Str 10 parking lot, next to Aura aquapark) on May 30th at 12:00-19:00; on May 31st at 9:00-19:000; on June 1st at 8:00-12:00.
- Start fee includes: marked course; starting package; time keeping (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during all the race); result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time (65 km) and ranking (135 km); medal; transport of luggage from start to finish; medical service, if necessary; transport of abandoned riders, gold and silver pins according to the statute.
Starting package consists of number bib, information booklet, plastic bag for clothes, food ticket, time-keeping chip + bindings.
- Time keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which is attached to the backside of the handlebar start number. The chip may not be removed or damaged in any way. The chip is meant for one-time use only and there is no need for it to be returned to the Organizer after the event.
- To get a result the start number with the timing chip must be attached on to the handlebar in a visible location from the moment the starting corridor is entered till arrival at the finish. Additionally all the participants must wear the back number in a visible manner. The riders with start numbers 1 - 300 have 2 back numbers, both of which shall be attached to the lower back (pockets of the rider's shirt), and a saddle number for the bike (riders with start numbers 1 - 500).
The shape and size of the start numbers may not be altered, e.g. by cutting or folding the edges.
- The results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area and on the website www.tartumaraton.ee as unofficial. If a result is missing in the unofficial results, rider has to inform immediately the Race Secretary about that. Official results shall be published on June 6th 2014 at 17:00 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Medical aid is organized by the Estonian Disaster Relief Team. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. The medical workers on bicycles will also follow the race all the way with a Red Cross on their backs. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Technical service is offered in the start and in all SP-s for free, the spare-parts have to be paid.
- Awarding. 12 first men and 6 women of 135 km race will be awarded with Tartu Rattaralli medals, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 14:00.
- There will be special prizes for sprint winners, for the best 3 clubs, for the best 3 companies, and the cups for age group winners of 135 km.
- Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received.
- The income tax (21% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Things lost and found should be handed over to the chief of SP or to the race centre. Owners can get their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- By registering for Tartu Rattaralli, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the RR rules and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- All protests concerning the race results and breaking the Rules etc. must be brought up with the Race Commissaire in the following manner:
- concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after the first 100 participants have finished
- concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish
- The cost of the protest (except of these concerning race results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All protests concerning the race will be solved by the Panel of Commissaires. The protests concerning results can be brought up until June 4th 2014 at 17:00 PM with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
- Other cases, not mentioned in the current Race Regulations will be solved by the Organizing Committee.