ESTONIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
UCI MTB XCM cl. CN
- 18. Tartu Rattamaraton (hereinafter RM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters. RM is the fifth stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2015.
- 18. RM will take place according to the competition rules of the UCI MTB XCM, current Race Regulations and decisions of the Board of the Club Tartu Maraton.
- 18. RM will take place on September 20, 2015.
88,7 km (hereinafter 89 km) mass start will be given at 10:00 on Tehvandi Ski Stadium in Otepää.
40 km mass start will be given at 13:00 on Tehvandi Ski Stadium in Otepää.
40 km race is not a competition and there are no prize-giving, results though will be valid for Tartu Maraton Cube overall ranking.
The finish of both races is located near Elva, in Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus.
- There are 6 service ans split timing points (TP) on the 89 km track: 1. Matu 12,3 km, 2. Ande 23,8 km, 3. Puka 36,5 km, 4. Astuvere 50,6 km, 5. Palu 66,3 km 6. Hellenurme 77,2 km and 2 sprints: 1. Matu 12,2 km, 2. Palu (66,3 km). There are 3 TPs on the 40 km track: 1. Kannistiku 9,9 km, 2. Palu 18,7 km 3. Hellenurme 29,6 km.
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Control times of TP’s:
Check point 89 km 40 km 1182 Matu SP 12,3 km 11:15 - Ande SP 23,8 km 12:30 - Puka SP 36,5 km 14:30 - Astuvere SP 50,6 km 15:00 - Kannistiku SP 9,9 km - 14:30 Bottecchia Palu SP 66,3 / 18,7 km 16:30 16:30 Hellenurme SP 77,2 / 29,6 km 17:15 17:15 RC Cola drink station 85,4 / 36,7 km Finish 88,7 / 40 km 18.30 18.30
- The race course runs mainly on gravel and forest roads, and partially on asphalt. The course is marked at least 48 hours before the start, as stated in the UCI Rules. Roads are open to the traffic. Riders must follow the traffic rules, signs and the traffic officers’ orders. No team service vehicles are allowed onto the race course, except for the commissaires` and organizer’s cars that have been marked with special markings.
- The choice of the bicycle is free. It is not allowed to exchange the bicycle during the race. Moving along the course with a car or other motorised vehicle, and/or using other unsanctioned outside help (e.g. a female rider being pushed by a male competitor) will lead to disqualification. Disqualification may also be based on a video recording of the race, which shall be revised before publishing the official race results.
- A competitor may start on non-standard cycling equipment (points 1.3.007-1.3.009 and provision 1.3.024 of the UCI CR) only with the consent of the chief commissaire and under predefined conditions, and without endangering other competitors on the race course. The participant’s result shall be protocolled separately.
- Technical service is offered at the start and at all TP-s for free, the spare parts have to be paid for.
- Everyone will participate at his/her own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Wearing a helmet is obligatory, without it, the competitor shall be disqualified. Disqualification may also be based on a video recording of the event, which shall be revised before publishing the official results.
- Age limit: all riders born in 2000 (40 km 2003) or earlier and are sufficiently trained and are therefore allowed to participate. In some cases, younger riders are allowed to participate on the 89 km course, if they present a written approval from their coach.
Age groups of 89 km: Women: N17 (birth years 2000-98), N20 (97-95), N21 (94-81), N35 (80-76), N40 (75-71), N45 (70-66), N50 (65- 61), N55 (60-56), N60 (55-51), N65 (50-46), N70 (45 and earlier);
Men: M17 (2000-98), M20 (97-95), M21 (94-81), M35 (80-76), M40 (75-71), M45 (70-66), M50 (65-61), M55 (60-56), M60 (55-51), M65 (50-46), M70 (45-41), M75 (40-36), M80 (35 and earlier).
- Start groups:
Start groups 89 km start numbers 40 km start numbers Elite 1-100 - 1. 101-300 5001-5500 2. 301-500 5501-6000 3. 501-700 6001-6500 4. 701-1000701-1000 6501-7000 5. 1001-1500 7001-... 6. 1501-2000 - 7. 2001-2500 - 8. 2501-3000 - 9. 3001-3500 - 10. 3501-... -
The start groups for Tartu Rattamaraton are assembled taking firstly into account the safety of the participants which is why riders of the same level shall be placed in similar groups. The best parameter of one's capabilities is their previous result at the Tartu Rattamaraton.
Participants that do not have a result from the Tartu Rattamaraton of 2014 or 2013 can, if they wish to, present results from other stages of Estonian cycling competitions (MTBEst and Estonian Cup) of 2015 (if there aren't any then in exceptional cases results of 2014 may be considered). For these results to be taken into account an e-mail must be sent to email@example.com with your request and results and with a reference to the website where the finish protocols of the mentioned competition can be found, by the end of the II registration round. Applications sent later shall not be taken under consideration.
In forming the start groups for both race distances, previous results are only taken in account at registering before 11.09.2015.
- Results from the same race distance of the Tartu Rattamaraton take priority. The finishing positions in the Tartu Rattamaraton in 2014 (coef. 1), or in 2013, if necessary, (coef. 1.2) shall be taken into account.
- The right to start in the 89 km elite group shall be awarded to only the cyclists who possess a valid ME or WE cycling licence (issued by a national cycling association that is a member of UCI), who have completed the additional UCI enrollment form.
- Riders that have not participated in the Rattamaraton in 2014 and 2013 shall be positioned in the last start groups (except for professional cyclists who shall be positioned individually).
- Every rider must enter the start gate according to his/her start number. Participants, who start in an earlier start corridor than their start number would allow them to, are disqualified. Exceptions are made for participants that wish to start in a later start group.
- The start list by start groups will be issued within one week of the first round of registrations, the start list by start numbers will be issued on website three days before the race.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website www.tartumaraton.ee until 17:00 on 18.09.2015;
- in Club Tartu Maraton until 17:00 on 17.09.2015 (information ph: +372 7421 644+372 7421 644, fax: +372 7422 536);
- in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 18.09 from 12:00 till 21:00 and on 19.09. from 10:00 till 17:00
- Entry fees:
Deadline 89 km 40 km up to 21.08.2015 35 € 25 € 22.08.-11.09.2015 45 € 35 € 12.09.-19.09.2015 70 € 50 €
- In case of waiving the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 19.09.15 at 17:00, the registration to the 2016 RM is available at a 50% discount.
Cancellation of the event17.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Rattamaraton. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
17.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
17.2. In case of cancelling event due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to next year’s Tartu Rattamaraton’s registration fee.
17.2.1. The participant may transfer the above mentioned 50% of the participation fee paid by a private person to any other sport event organised by Club Tartu Maraton to be used to cover its participation fee.
17.2.2. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.17.2.1. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
17.2.3. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to the next year’s Tartu Rattamaraton are obliged to confirm their registration and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the first deadline of registration. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
17.2.4. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next year’s Tartu Rattamaraton fees. This means that they cannot be refunded or used to cover fees of other events of that year. People who were registered to event by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. For the following year 50% of fees paid will be transferred to next year’s event for the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Rattamaraton. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
17.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
17.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
- Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Until 18.09.15 the name and distance changes can be performed in the self-service environment, on 18.-19.09.15 the re-registration takes place in the race centre or by written application (email@example.com) sent before 17:00 on 19.09.15. There will be no re-registration on the day of the race.
Re-registration of person of the same distance is free of charge until end of the second registration wave, later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances. Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification! In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start numbers takes place in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu, www.lounakeskus.com ) on 18.09 at 12:00-21:00 and on 19.09. at 10:00-19:00; and on 20.09.2015 at the start area in Otepää for 89km race at 8.00-9.50 and for 40 km race 10.30-12.50.
- Start fee includes: marked course; starting package; time-keeping (only in case of correctly attached time-keeping chip during the whole race); result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and the finish; awarding; diploma with the name, time (40 km) and placing (89 km); medal; transport of luggage from the start to the finish; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned riders, gold and silver pins according to the statute.
Starting package consists of the start number with attached time-keeping chip, information booklet, marking stickers for the bike, plastic bag for clothes, and a food ticket.
- Time-keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which is attached to the backside of the handlebar start number. The chip may not be removed or damaged in any way. The chip is meant for one-time use only and there is no need for it to be returned to the Organizer after the event.
- To get the finishing result, the 18. RM start number with the timing chip must be attached on to the handlebar in a visible location from the moment the starting corridor is entered till arrival at the finish. The shape and size of the start numbers may not be altered, e.g. by cutting or folding the edges.
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area, on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on Monday 20.09.15 in newspaper Postimees. If your result is missing from the unofficial results, you should inform immediately the Race Secretary. Protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until 17:00 on 23.09.2015 at the Race Office in Club Tartu Maraton. Official results will be issued by 17:00 on 25.09.201 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Special shuttle busses are used for transporting participants from Tartu and the Finish parking lot in Elva in the morning of the marathon day to the start location. The transportation of bikes takes place for bus ticked owners with the special trucks which will follow the shuttle bus. Riding the special bus lines is for a fee of 4 €, if purchased previously, and 6 € on the marathon day. The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the Race Centre and other places that have been named by the organizer. The bus schedules of the shuttle busses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Parking in Otepää is is free of charge; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill. Parking in the finish car park (Elva-Hellenurme 2 km) costs 5 € when purchased from pre-sale, and 10 € on the event day. For buses with more than 10 seats it is free of charge.
- Medical aid is organized by the Estonian Disaster Relief Team. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
The awards ceremony takes place in the finish area as stated in the program.
12 first men and 6 women of 18. RM 89 km will be awarded.
There will be special prizes for sprint winners and for age group winners of 89 km.
The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube. The cups are handed over at the prize-giving ceremony of the next event of Cube (Tartu City Marathon) in accordance to the time schedule indicated in the program of the event. Information about free entries will be sent directly to the e-mail of representative of the club or company.
All prizes will be issued on the basis of start number or ID.
Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Lost and found items must be handed over to the secretariat (at the start area) or to SP chiefs (at service points). The lost and found items shall be brought to the finish, where they are stored at the Lost and found item’s post. Lost and found items can also be claimed from Club Tartu Maraton’s office within 1 month of the Rattamaraton.
- By enrolling to the Tartu Rattamaraton, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current race regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The participants of the Tartu Rattamaraton respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the UCI are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organisations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
- The protests concerning the race results, breaking the Rules, etc. must be brought up with the UCI Commissaire of the race: concerning first 200 finishers, within 1 hour after the 200th participant has finished; concerning all the others, until the closing time of the finish. The cost of a protest (except of the ones concerning race results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All protests concerning the race will be solved by the Commissaries Panel.
- Other unforeseen cases will be solved by the Organizing Committee and the Commissaires Panel.