Virtual run regulations
- 38. Tartu Forest Marathon virtual run (hereinafter FM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in accordance with the current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. MM is the first stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2020.
- 38. Tartu Forest Marathon takes place as a virtual run from 1st of May until 17th of May 2020.
- Virtual run is a running event in which participants can take part at their preferred time and place. Chosen distnace should be completed on any day in the given time period.
- Distances of 42 km, 24 km, 10 km, and 5 km are available for registration. Both running and walking are allowed. Chosen distance should be completed in one go and when stopping for any reason, time-keeping should not be stopped.
- Use of car, bicycle or other means of transport while completing the distance is not allowed. Organizer has the right to disqualify participants who break this rule.
- Chosen distance can be completed on the official tracks of Tartu Forest Marathon or on the tracks of participant's choice. Avoidance of asphalt roads is recommended. The official tracks of Tartu Forest Marathon are available and marked on 1.-17. May.
- The virtual run is not a competition and there are no prizes. Participation in the virtual run will count as a participation in the Cube series (points will not be calculated based on the results) and will count towards multiple participation awards (silver and gold pins).
- Finish times of runners and walkers will be listed in the same result list for each distance.
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! Participants must follow all traffic regulations. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Participation in the virtual run must follow the restrictions and directions of the local government and health authorities of the participant's country. Participation in the virtual run does not give permission to violate them. For health safety, we advise to keep distance of at least 2 meters from other people when participating in the virtual run.
- Keeping the environment clean is important to us. Throwing food packages, drink bottles etc into the nature is prohibited!
- Age limit: all athletes born in 2005 (10 km and 5 km 2008) or earlier are allowed to participate.
- Registration takes place on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 17.05.20 at 23:59,
- Entry fees.
up to 17.05.2020
Participants who registered to the 38. Tartu Forest Marathon before the virtual run was announced, will be automatically listed as participants of the virtual run. If the originally paid entry fee exceeds the entry fee of the virtual run, the surplus will be transferred to the participant's user account to be used in the future. Another option is to apply for a monetary refund of the same sum.
Participants who registered to the 38. Tartu Forest Marathon before the virtual run was announced, but do not wish to take part in the virtual run, will receive 50% of their originally paid entry fee as a credit on their user account. Another option is to apply for a monetary refund of the same sum.
- Re-registration is the alteration of participant’s name or race distance. Re-registration is possible on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 17.05.20 at 23:59 free of charge. Only when changing distance from shorter to longer, the entry fee difference of 5 € has to be paid.
- Start fee includes: digital start bib, medal for finishers (shipping outside Estonia is available for additional fee and has to be chosen during registration), electronic diploma, gold and silver pins according to the statute.
- Time keeping and recording the distance completion is administered by participant's own device (sport watch, smartphone).
- To get a result:
- Participant has to register on the Club Tartu Maraton website to the chosen distance and pay the entry fee (existing participants of 38. Tartu Forest Marathon will be added to the virtual run participant list automatically).
- Correct postal address in the registration system is necessary for sending the finisher medal.
- Participant has to complete the chosen distance on any day during the event time period and record their result with their device.
- Participant has to upload the log file of their device by clicking on their name in the list of participants before May 17th at 23:59.
- Unofficial results will be updated on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee. The official results will be issued on May 22nd at 17:00 on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations.
- Cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.