Virtual run regulations
- 39. Tartu Forest Marathon virtual run (hereinafter FR) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in accordance with the current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. VR is a sub-event of the 39. Tartu Forest Maraton (MM) and extends the main distances of the event. Registration to virtual race has to be made separately.
- 39. Tartu Forest Marathon virtual run takes place from 1st of April until 16th of May 2021.
- Virtual run is a running event in which participants can take part at their preferred time and place. Chosen distance can be completed on any day in the given time period.
- Distances of 42 km, 24 km, 10 km, and 5 km are available for registration. Both running and walking are allowed. Chosen distance should be completed in one go and when stopping for any reason, time-keeping should not be stopped.
- By choosing "Maratoni Kombo" when registering, it is possible to complete 42 km in several separate stages during the virtual race period. Each stage has to be at least 4,2 km.
- Use of car, bicycle or other means of transport while completing the distance is not allowed. Organizer has the right to disqualify participants who break this rule.
- Chosen distance can be completed on the official tracks of Tartu Forest Marathon or on the tracks of participant's choice. Avoidance of asphalt roads is recommended. The official tracks of Tartu Forest Marathon are available and marked during the virtual race period.
- The virtual run is not a competition and there are no prizes. Participation in the virtual run will count as a participation in the Cube series (each participant will get 1 Cube point) and will count towards multiple participation awards (silver and gold pins), if the participant does not have a result from the MM main race in the given year.
- Finish times of runners and walkers will be listed in the same result list for each distance.
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! Participants must follow all traffic regulations. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Participation in the virtual run must follow the restrictions and directions of the local government and health authorities of the participant's country. Participation in the virtual run does not give permission to violate them. For health safety, we advise to keep distance from other people according to local recommendations when participating in the virtual run.
- Keeping the environment clean is important to us. Throwing food packages, drink bottles etc into the nature is prohibited!
- Age limit: all athletes born in 2006 (10 km and 5 km 2009) or earlier are allowed to participate.
- Registration takes place on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 16.05.21 at 23:59. There is no registration on 9th of May.
- Entry fees.
5 km Maratoni Kombo
up to 16.05.2021
15 EUR 20 EUR
There is 50% discount for participants aged 18 years and younger.
- Re-registration is the alteration of participant’s name or race distance. Re-registration is possible
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 16.05.21 at 23:59.
- There is no re-registration on 9th of May.
- When re-registering to a longer distance or in case of nonvalid discount, difference of the participation fees has to be paid.
- Start fee includes: digital start bib, medal for finishers (will be posted within 2 weeks after the result upload), electronic diploma, gold and silver pins according to the statute (not posted).
- Time keeping and recording the distance completion is administered by participant's own device (sport watch, smartphone).
- To get a result:
- Participant has to register on the Club Tartu Maraton website to the chosen distance and pay the entry fee.
- Participant has to complete the chosen distance on any day during the event time period and record their result with their device.
- Participant has to upload the log file of their device by clicking on their name in the list of participants before May 16th at 23:59.
- Correct postal address is necessary for sending the finisher medal.
- Unofficial results will be updated on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee. The official results will be issued on May 21st at 17:00 on the website.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations.
- Cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.