1) How to travel to the race?
The start of three Club Tartu Maraton’s events is given at the stadium of the Tehvandi Sports Centre in Otepää, and they finish near Elva, at the Tartumaa Sports Centre. There are three main options for reaching the race:
- Transport organised by the Organizer (for a fee). You can take a special shuttle bus to the start locations from the parking lot in front of Theatre Vanemuine in Tartu, and back to Tartu, in front of the Aura Centre, after the finish.
- Driving a car to the start location, and taking a shuttle bus ride from the finish back to the start location after the race. Bus rides from the finish to the start location parking lots are also available for a fee. Parking at the parking lots of start areas is free.
- Driving a car to the finish location parking lot in the morning, and taking a shuttle bus ride to the start location. Parking at the finish location and the bus tickets to the start location are available for a fee.
The bus schedule and prices shall be disclosed in the transport information section of the race info on our website at least 2 weeks prior to the race.
2) Will there be enough buses for the participants?
So that the Organizer would have as precise preliminary information as possible regarding the number of people on the buses, we recommend that you purchase your ticket from pre-sale. Please keep in mind that a place on the special buses to the start location is only guaranteed for tickets purchased from pre-sale.
The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the race headquarters and Piletilevi selling points.
3) Will my bicycle be safely transported to its destination?
We use transport trucks for the transportation of bicycles. The bikes of participants from several buses fit in a single truck. In Otepää, just walk to the truck, and wait for the organizer's staff to unload your bicycle.
4) Will buses go also to the start of the shorter distance after the race finish?
Yes, they will. The buses from the finish location to start locations depart according to capacity.
5) How should I act, if I need to abandon the race?
If possible, please notify a service point chief or a race medic of your abandonment. As re-usable timing chips are used at the ski marathon and the inline skating marathon, then we ask you to also return your chips, which is exchanged for a corresponding receipt. If you abandon the race at another location and leave the race location with the help of your friends/relatives, please make sure that your timing chip reaches the organizer as soon as possible. To the secretariat on the race day, later to the office of Club Tartu Maraton.
6) How can I access the track for spectating?
We recommend that all of the spectators acquaint themselves with the traffic schematics published before the race. In places, where the road crosses the race track, halts may happen. There are separate parking lots for the spectators’ cars at the service points.