Тема: sports drinks
Participants of the 19th Tartu Rattamaraton will get a drinking bottle with the logo of Cube for the very first time
Photo: Enervit's drinking bottles with the Tartu Marathon Cube's logo
All the cyclists, who are competing in this year’s marathon, will get a chance to grab Enervit sports drink from a special bottle with the Tartu Marathon Cube’s logo on it.
A physical therapist and long time competitor in marathons Priit Ailt is sharing his tips to drink water and consume sports drink correctly before and during the marathon.
What and how much should I drink before the start?
- It is recommended to drink a sports drink with minerals and carbohydrates one day before taking part in a marathon (0,5-1 l per day)
- In the morning before the start it is suggested to drink 0,5 litres of sports drink
What and how much should I drink during the marathon?
- In the first stage of a competition it is recommended to drink mostly water
- After the first third of the race it is suggested to start using sports drinks
- In one hour 0,7-1,2 litres of liquid should be consumed. It is important to take into consideration the weather conditions and personal needs
- 2-4 litres of liquid should be consumed during the marathon (half of it should be water)
- More water has to be consumed when the weather is warm, less water when the weather is rather cold
Photo: Priit Ailt, the photo is taken by Tarmo Haud