Положение о соревнованиях
- 44. TARTU MARATON (hereinafter 44.TM) belongs to the 2017 calendar of international long distance ski race series Worldloppet (WL), International Ski Federation (FIS), FIS Worldloppet Cup (FWLC) and Estonian long distance ski race series Estoloppet. Tartu Maraton is also the first stage of Tartu Maraton Cube.
- 44. TM is organized by Club Tartu Maraton in co-operation with the sponsors and supporters.
- 44. TM will be organized according to the cross-country long distance skiing race rules of the Estonian Ski Association and FIS, current Race Regulations, FWLC 2017 rules, the official program of the competition and according to the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- 44. TARTU MARATON takes place on February 26th, 2017. The race date will not be changed.
- 63km mass start is given at 9:00 at Ski Stadium of Tehvandi Sports Center, in Otepää.
- 31km mass start is given at 12:30 at Arula crossroad (8th km of Otepää-Puka road).
- 63km race belongs to the Worldloppet long race calendar. 31km race belongs to the WL short race calendar (stamp for the short race), but it is not a competition and there is no prize-giving, results though will be valid for Tartu Maraton Cube overall ranking.
- Finish is located 2 km from Elva towards Hellenurme, in Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus (Tartu County Recreational Sports Centre).
- There are 7 service stations on the 63km course. There are 3 intermediate sprints on the 63 km race: Matu 12 km, Kuutse 32 km ja Palu 46,6 km. There are 4 service stations on the 31 km course.
- Waste areas. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Time limits of passing service stations.
Check point Location 63 km 31 km Start Otepää / Arula 9:15 12:45 1. 1182 Matu 12 km 11:00 - 2. Estoloppet Ande 23 km 12:30 - 3. Salomon Kuutse 32 km 14:00 - 4. Peebu 39 / 7 km 15:00 15:00 5. Viking Line Palu 46,6 / 14,6 km 16:15 16:15 6. Hellenurme 53,5 / 21,5 km 17:15 17:15 7. Löbfergs coffee point 59,2 / 27,2 km Finish 63 / 31 km 19:00 19:00
- Only classical technique is permitted, which is checked along the whole course. Using wrong technique leads to disqualification. This bases upon the protocols and video recordings done by technique control which will be looked through before publishing the official results.
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Age limit: all skiers born in 2001 or earlier (in 2003 or earlier on the 31 km race) who have trained enough for the race are allowed to participate. Conditions for participating in the FWC series - please see FWC rules.
With trainer’s permission, younger skiers can also participate on the 63 km race. Younger skiers can participate in the 31 km race with parents, on their responsibility.
Age groups: Women: N17 (sünniaastad 2002-00), N20 (99-97), N21 (96-83), N35 (82-78), N40 (77-73), N45 (72-68), N50 (67- 63), N55 (62-58), N60 (57-53), N65 (52-48), N70 (47 and earlier);
Mehed: M17(2002-00), M20 (99-97), M21 (96-83), M35 (82-78), M40 (77-73), M45 (72-68), M50 (67-63), M55 (62-58), M60 (57-53), M65 (52-48), M70 (47-43), M75 (42-38), M80 (37 and earlier).
- Start groups:
start group 63 km startnumbers 31 km preliminary finish time
startnumbers starts from 8001
Elite group 1-100 --- 1st group 101-200 1h 40min - 2h 45 min 2nd group 201-300 2h 46 min - 3h 10 min 3rd group 301-500 3h 11 min - 3h 35min 4th group 501-700 3 h 36min - ... 5th group 701-1000701-1000 --- 6th group 1001-1500 --- 7th group 1501-2000 --- 8th group 2001-2500 --- 9th group 2501-3000 --- 10th group 3001-3500 --- 11th group 3501-4000 --- 12th group 4001-4500 --- 13th group 4501-5000 --- 14th group 5001-5500 --- 15th group 5501-6000 --- 16th group 6001- ... ---
- The personal results will be taken into consideration in assigning start numbers (not guaranteeing the same start numbers) of both distances only during registration up to 03.02.2017.
- The latest result on the same Tartu Maraton distance has priority. The place achived at the 2015 marathon is taken into consideration with a coeficient value of 1, or if there isn't one, the result of the 2013 race (coef 1,1) or Tartu Maraton 2012 (coef 1,2). Organizers does not quarantee startnumber at the same startgroup as the previous result.
- Based on the 31 km results in 2015 and 2013, starting placements from the 7th start group shall be available.
- If a participant, who has not got a result in Tartu Maraton 2015, 2013 or 2012, presents a request, the results of other Worldloppet races (the three previous seasons – 2016, 2015 and 2014 - and the ongoing 2017 season up to 03.02.2017) and the 2016 and 2015 Estoloppet (only 63 km) shall be taken into account. The seeding request with one's Worldloppet or Estoloppet results should be sent to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the end of the 2nd registration period on 03.02.2017. Later complaints shall not be taken into consideration.
- Skiers not participated in 2015, 2013 or 2012, will get start numbers to the last start groups in the order of the registration.
- The 63 km elite group is made up of FIS Worldloppet Cup competitors (only skiers with an active FIS code) and the top 30 participants in Tartu Maraton 2015.
- On 31 km km skiers can choose the start group by their preliminary finish time.
- On 63 km every skier must enter the start gate according to his/her start number. Participants, who start in an earlier start corridor than their start number would allow them to, are disqualified. Exceptions are made for participants that wish to start in a later start group.
Loyal participants with more than 20 participations will get specially designed “ambassador” start numbers if registration is completed during the first registration wave.
More info about the participation awards HERE
- The start list by start groups will be published on the website one week after closing the first registration wave, the start list by start numbers will be published on the website three days before the race at the latest.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website www.tartumaraton.ee up to 24.02.2017 at 17:00;
- in the Club Tartu Maraton office up to 23.02.2017 at 17:00 (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, phone +372 7 431 644+372 7 431 644, fax +372 7 432 536);
- in the race centre at the ERM (Muuseumi tee 2, Tartu) on 24.02 from 12:00 till 19:00 and on 25.02 from 10:00 till 17:00.
- FIS Worldloppet Cup skiers must send an additional registration on FWLC entry form (available on www.worldloppet.com) by 03.02.2017. FWLC Team Managers’ Meeting takes place on 25.02.2017 at 18:00 in Tehvandi Ski Centre conference room.
- Info about registration to club or company competition is available here
- Entry fees:
Deadline 63 km 31 km 09.12.16 55 € 35 € 10.12.16 - 03.02.17 70 € 45 € 04.02.17 - 25.02.17 110 € 70 €
- In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 25.02.17 at 17:00, the registration to the 2018 Tartu Maraton is available at a 50% discount.
- Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re registration is possible:
- until 24.02.17 in the self service environment of homepage;
- on 24.02.-25.02.17 in the race centre;
- there will be no re-registration on the day of the race.
- Re-registration in self-service environment is up to 03.02.17 free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid; later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
- Participants starting under a false name shall be disqualified. In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10€ replacement fee must be paid.
- The handout of the start materials takes place:
- in the race centre in the ERM (Muuseumi tee 2, Tartu, http://www.erm.ee/en ) on 24.02 from 12:00 till 19:00 and on 25.02 from 10:00 till 19:00;
- at the start locations: for 63 km in Otepää at 7:00-8:50 and for 31 km in Arula at 10:30-12:20.
- Cancellation of the event
17.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
17.2. In case of cancelling Tartu Maraton due to lack of snow or another force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to participants’ self service accounts as credit which can be used for the entry fee next payment in the Cube series. The credit is valid until the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Ski Maraton.
17.2.1. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.17.2. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (email@example.com).
17.2.2. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to their self service accounts are obliged to register to the event of their choice and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Ski Maraton. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
17.2.3. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next events in the Tartu Maraton Cube series. This means that they cannot be refunded. People who were registered to Tartu Maraton by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. The 50% of fees paid will be transferred to the account of the representative of the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list (make a new group registration to the event of their choice) at the latest by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Maraton. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
17.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, insufficient snow, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
17.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Maraton. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
17.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
- Due to force majeure the organizer could be forced to change or shorten the course, change the location of start and/or finish, start time, race technique, compose the race from laps, or cancel the race. The Organizing Committee will make the final decision at least 72h before start time, which will be forwarded to mass media. In exceptional circumstances the Jury has a right to make changes concerning the race until 3 hours before the start (FIS Article 388.1.3) to secure safety of the participants.
In case of changing or shortening the track, the WL stamp will be issued if the track is at least 50% of the original.
- Start fee includes: prepared ski track; start bib with time keeping chip; information booklet; marking stickers for the skis; medical service card; plastic bag for clothes; food stamp; souvenir pin; time keeping (only in case of wearing start bib and correctly attached time keeping chip during the whole race); service and catering in the SP-s and at the finish; awarding; diploma with name, result (31 km) and placing (63 km); finisher medal; luggage transport from start to finish; medical service if necessary; transport of abandoned skiers; silver or gold pins according to the statute.
- The labeling of the skis is not mandatory. Exchange of only one ski is permitted during the race. Exchange of both skis will lead to disqualification.
- Time keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which must be correctly attached to your right ankle (up to 20 cm from the ground) from start to finish. The timing chip is single-use and you don't have to return it to organizers after the race. In case of losing the chip during the race, please advise the race office immediately. The participant is responsible for the chip from the moment start number is handed out until the finish line.
- To get a result, your 2017 year TM bib must be visible from your front and back during the entire race and the time keeping chip must be attached properly.
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area, on the Internet website www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on Monday after the race in newspaper Postimees. The Official Results will be issued by 03.03.2017 at 17:00 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Transportation. The organizers recommend using special shuttle buses for transport from Tartu and the Finish car park in Elva to the Start location on the morning of the marathon day. The tickets for buses heading to the Start locations are only available from pre-sale. After the marathon, special shuttle buses are available for travelling from the Finish Location to Tartu and the Start car parks. The special shuttle buses are available for a fee of 4 €, if purchased from pre-sale, and 6 € on the marathon day. The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the Race Centre. The bus schedules of the shuttle buses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Parking in Otepää and Arula is free of charge; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill. Parking in the finish car park (Elva-Hellenurme 2 km) costs 5 € when purchased from pre-sale, and 10 € on the event day. For buses with more than 10 seats parking is free of charge.
- Traffic restrictions. Parking and stopping areas at the service stations are marked with temporary traffic signs, ignoring of which will lead to traffic fines. Stopping in restricted areas and feeding FMC athletes is only allowed with special permits.
- Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team in co-operation with Tartu Ambulance and Tartu county Red Cross Society. If you see someone in trouble on the track, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Awards ceremony.
- 12 first men, 6 women and sprints’ winners will be awarded with Tartu Maraton medals, diplomas, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 14.00. The sprint winners will be awarded with 300 €.
- 6 first men and 6 first women of the FWLC competition will be awarded with monetary prizes as follows: 1st place 5 000 €; 2nd place 3 000 €; 3rd place 1 000 €; 4th place 500 €; 5th place 400 €; 6th place 300 €.
- Top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube. The cups are handed over at the prize-giving ceremony of the next event of Cube (Tartu Jooksumaraton) in accordance to the time schedule indicated in the program of the event. Information about free entries will be sent directly to the e-mail of representative of the club or company.
- There will be also raffle prizes and cups for age group winners of 63km. These prizes will be issued on the basis of start number or ID.
- Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Lost and found items must be given to service station’s chief, who transport the things to the secretariat after station is closed up. Owners can get their lost things from the finish area lost and found booth or from the Club Tartu Maraton office during one month after the race.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- Individuals who participate under a wrong name and/or start number, use more than one time keeping chip or engage in other unsportsmanlike behaviour, will be disqualified. Race Director and Race Secretary have the right to make evidence-based disqualifying decisions also after the confirmation of official results (3.03.2017).
- The participants of the Tartu Maraton respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the FIS are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organisations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
- The protest submission terms and conditions for the competitors participating in the FWC series are in accordance with the FIS rules (point 393).All protests concerning race results and breaking the Rules etc must be brought up to Jury as follows:
- Concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished;
- Concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
- The cost of a protest is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met.
Information requests regarding unofficial results can be brought up until 01.03.17 by 17:00 to the office of Club Tartu Maraton by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury: 1. FIS Technical Delegate (chairman), 2. Estonian Ski Association Technical Delegate, 3. Race Director.
- Other unforeseen cases will be solved by the Organizing Committee.