44. Tartu Maraton
19. февраля 2017
|38 km||25.00 €|
|20 km||20.00 €|
|11 km||15.00 €|
1. 44. TARTU MARATON (TM) OPEN TRACK belongs to the 2017 calendar of international long distance ski race series Worldloppet (WL).
2. 44. TM Open Track is organized by Club Tartu Maraton (the Organizing Committee of 44. Tartu Maraton is confirmed by the Council of Club Tartu Maraton) with sponsors and supporters.
3. 44. TM will be organized according to the cross-country long distance skiing race rules of the Estonian Ski Association and FIS, current Rules & Regulations, the official program of the competition and according to the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
4. 44. TM Open Track takes place on Sunday, February 19th 2017.
63 km starts at 9:00 at Ski Stadium of Tehvandi Sport Center in Otepää (stamp for the WL long races)
31 km start at 11:00 at Arula crossroad, 8th km of Otepää-Puka road (stamp for the WL short races)
16 km start at 12.00 in Palu service point, by Otepää – Rõngu road
44. TM Open Track is not a competition, the results will be published in alphabetical order without ranking.
Finish is open at 11:30-17:00. Finish is located 2 km from Elva towards Hellenurme, in Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus (Tartu County Recreational Sports Centre).
5. There are 6 service points (TP) on the 63 km course: 1. Matu 12km, 2. Ande 23km, 3. Kuutse 32km, 4. Peebu 39km, 5. Palu 46,6km, 6. Hellenurme 53,5km. There are 3 service points on the 31 km course: 1.Peebu -7 km, 2.Palu-14,6km, 3.Hellenurme -21,5 km. There is 1 TP in 16 km. Drinks and food are also available in the finish area.
6. Waste areas. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
7. Time limits of passing check points:
|Check point||closing time|
|Start in Otepää||10:00|
|1. Matu TP||11:00|
|2. Ande TP||12:00|
|3. Kuutse TP||13:00|
|4. Peebu TP||13:50|
|5. Palu TP||14:50|
|6. Hellenurme TP||15:45|
Not passing the service points before time limit, leads to disqualification. These skiers will be taken to the finish area by bus.
8. Free and classic technique is permitted.
9. Participation is on your own responsibility. It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
10. Registration takes place:
- on the Club Tartu Maraton's website www.tartumaraton.ee up to 17.02.2017 at 17:00,
- in the Club Tartu Maraton office in Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (ph +327 421644, fax +372 422 536) up to 18.02.2017 at 17:00,
- on the race day at the start areas starting 1,5 hours before start.
11. Entry fees:
|Deadlines||up to 18.02.17||19.02.17|
|63 km||25.00 €||35.00 €|
|31 km||20.00 €||30.00 €|
|16 km||15.00 €||20.00 €|
A 50% discount is available for the youth up to the age of 18 (included), this discount does not apply to the re-registration fee.
Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re registration is possible:
- free of charge until 17.02.17 at 17.00 in the self-service environment of homepage, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid;
- in the race centre until 18.02.17 all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances
- by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) sent before 17:00 on 18.02.17, re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
- There will be no re-registration on the day of the race. Participants starting under a false name shall be disqualified.
- In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
12. In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 18.02.17 at 17.00, the registration to the 2018 Open Track is available at a 50% discount.
13. Cancellation of the event
13.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
13.2. In case of cancelling event due to lack of snow or another force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to next year’s Tartu Maraton’s Open Track registration fee.
13.2.1. The participant may transfer the above mentioned 50% of the participation fee paid by a private person to any other sport event organised by Club Tartu Maraton to be used to cover its participation fee.
13.2.2. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.13.2.1. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he or she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (email@example.com).
13.2.3. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to the next year’s Open Track are obliged to confirm their registration and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the first deadline of registration. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
13.2.4. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next year’s Open Track fees. This means that they cannot be refunded or used to cover fees of other events of that year. People who were registered to Open Track by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. For the following year 50% of fees paid will be transferred to next year’s event for the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Maraton. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
13.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
13.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Maraton. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
13.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
14. The handout of start materials takes place:
* in the Club Tartu Maraton office in Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (ph +327 421644) on 17.02 and 18.02.2017 at 9.00-19:00;
* on the race day at the start areas starting 1,5 hours before start
15. Start fee includes: starting bib; time keeping (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during all the race); result in the results list in alphabetical order; service and catering in the SP-s and finish; diploma with name and result; luggage transport from start to finish; medical service if necessary; transport of abandoned skiers.
16. Time keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which must be correctly attached to your right ankle (up to 20 cm from the ground) from start to finish. In case of losing or not returning the chip, penalty 30 EUR will follow.
17. To get a result, your Open Track bib must be visible from your front and back during the entire race and the time keeping chip must be attached properly.
18. Transportation. The organizers recommend using special shuttle buses for transport from Tartu and the Finish car park in Elva to the Start location on the morning of the marathon day. The tickets for buses heading to the Start locations are only available from pre-sale. After the marathon, special shuttle buses are available for travelling from the Finish Location to Tartu and the Start car parks. The special shuttle buses are available for a fee of 4 €. The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the Race Office. The bus schedules of the shuttle buses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
19. Parking in start areas and in finish car park is free; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill.
20. With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
21. Due to force majeure the organizer could be forced to change or shorten the course, or cancel the race. The Organizing Committee will make the final decision at least on Monday, 13.02.2017, which will be forwarded to mass media. In exceptional circumstances the Jury has a right to make changes concerning the race until 3 hours before the start (FIS Article 388.1.3) to secure safety of the participants.
22. Other unforeseen cases will be solved by the Organizing Committee.