Tartu Marathon main race day 21.02
The marathon will be different this year, but we believe that together we can make it a memorable event in safe conditions!
ARRIVING FROM ABROAD
Participants arriving from foreign countries must follow the rules stated by Estonian Goverment. Read more HERE.
RACE OFFICE - BIB PICK-UP
- Race office is opened on the ice skating rink of shopping Centre Lõunakeskus, on February 20, from 10 am to 7 pm. Bib pick-up is also possible in the start areas starting 1,5 hours before the first start there. Start times are available in the program.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask at the race center. There is no EXPO, only TOKO ski wax service (on a fee), parking/bus tickets and marathon souvenirs on site.
- Registration and re-registration take place up to 5 pm. For more info about the re-registration please read the race regulations.
SPECTATORS NOT ALLOWED
Spectators are strictly forbidden at the start areas, service points, along the track and at the finish! You can enter the gates of Tehvandi Ski Stadium only if you have a start number or the accreditation of the organiser/service provider. Without accreditation it is not allowed to visit the service points either, and the parking lots of the service points can only be entered with a car permit.
A friend or a family member will be your driver?
- In the morning, your driver can take you to the parking lot of the start area; you will move on from there alone.
- Arriving at the finish, the driver can wait for you in the finish parking lot. NB! As spectators are not allowed in the finish area, use our luggage service to send your dry clothes from start to finish. Make sure you have a working phone to contact your driver after you finish! Write down the driver's phone number beforehand - in case the phone stops working in winter conditions, you can ask for help to call him.
- On the marathon LIVE results page, the driver can see which service points you have already passed - so he can predict your approximate finish time and arrive at the finish parking lot on time.
- In case you want to share your location throughout the whole marathon track, order a GPS tracker for Sunday.
Ski clubs with FIS code skier will be provided with 2 vests and 1 car permit to be allowed to enter the service points and give skiers drinks. If both male and female skiers are represented in the club, additional 2 vests and 1 car permit will be issued.
COMING TO THE START
We strongly recommend you come to the start with your own transport and share the car only with your family members. Please note the road conditions and the heavy traffic on the marathon day! Take enough time to arrive on time!
Parking in Otepää and Arula is free of charge, follow the instructions of parking officers. Parking in Elva is for a fee. Info about parking and tickets is available HERE.
It is also possible to use the shuttle bus. When entering the bus, it is mandatory to wear a disposable mask and disinfect hands. Masks are available from the bus driver, and there is also an antiseptic on the bus. A buff or anything else similar is not accepted instead of a mask. Info about bus schedule and tickets is available HERE.
As no indoor facilities/tents are used at the start area, passengers arriving by a shuttle bus can wait for their start time in the bus.
It is mandatory to wear a mask before the start, except in the start corridor and during the warm-up. Throw the used mask in the trash, do not leave it on the ground.
There will be group starts with up to 500 participants at 15-minute intervals. The start cord is opened 10 minutes before each start.
In the first start of 63 km, time keeping will start at the gunshot. In all other starts net time is taken. The first start of 63 km will be given at Tehvandi Stadium at 9:00, the first start of 31 km at 12:30 in Arula.
It is important to follow your start time. You can check your start number in the participants list and the start time in the event program.
NO DRESSING TENT
There are no dressing tents at the star areas in Tehvandi/Arula. No indoor facilities are used to serve participants. You have to dress either in your car or outdoors.
LUGGAGE SERVICE AVAILABLE, take the bag with your start number sticker on to the luggage truck. The luggage trucks in Tehvandi are located in the cafe´s parking lot. Beside the start gates there is no place to leave the luggage! In Arula take the luggage to a special truck located in the parking lot and marked with special sign.
There are no more plastic bags handed out to the participants. There is a luggage sticker with your start number in the start envelope. Please put the sticker either on Tartu Maraton Dry Bag or on your own bag.
TOKO WAXING SERVICE (for a fee) available on both start locations.
TIME KEEPING is performed with an electronic timing chip attached inside of your start number. Do not fold or brake the chips! No need to return the chip to organizers.
MEDICAL SERVICE is located in the main tribune building close to the start line.
SCHEME of the start area is available HERE.
ON THE TRACK
Check out the COURSE MAPS HERE.
There are 6 SERVICE POINTS on the 63 km track and 3 points on the 31 km track. In addition one coffee point on both of the distances. At the service points, FOOD AND BEVERAGES ARE SERVED IN SEPARATE CUPS. Free waxing service and ski aid in the service stations.
TIME LIMITS for passing service points:
|Check point||Location||63 km||31 km|
|Start||Otepää / Arula||10:15||13:00|
|1. Embach Matu||12 km||11:30||-|
|2. Estoloppet Ande||23 km||13:30||-|
|3. Salomon Kuutse||32 km||15:00||-|
|4. Peebu||39 / 7 km||16:00||15:30|
|5. Tartu 2024 Palu||46,6 / 14,6 km||17:00||16:45|
|6. Hellenurme||53,5 / 21,5 km||18:00||17:45|
|7. Coffee point||59,2 / 27,2 km|
|Finish||63 / 31 km||19:30||19:30|
On the track, please throw your trash away only in the SPECIAL WASTE AREAS or in the service stations. It is forbidden to throw the trash into the wild!
In case of MEDICAL EMERGENCY call 112 or talk to the medical personnel in the next service station.
In case of CANCELLATION (also for non-medical reasons), inform the medical personnel in the the nearest service point or call +372 53 00 91 12.
IN THE FINISH
FINISH IS OPENED UNTIL 19:30.
After the finish it is mandatory to wear a mask, which can be obtained from the organisers if desired.
CLOTHING in separate outdoor areas or in your own car.
NO WASHING POSSIBILITIES.
CATERING - finishers will receive a take-away food package. Click HERE to see, what is included into the package.
INDOORS ARE NOT USED. From the outdoor secretariat you can get a printed diploma, a special badge (silver, gold, ambassador badge) or a stamp into Worldloppet / Estoloppet passport. You can also print out the diploma yourself - on the results page next to your name.
SCHEME of the finish area is available HERE.
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
Our cooperation partners - Estonian National Museum, Softmed, Pulsaar / Sirowa Tallinn AS - offer various discounts to the participants. Read more HERE.
1. Come to the marathon only if you feel good and completely healthy. If you feel sick, stay home!
2. It is mandatory to wear a mask before the start and after the finish, except during the warm-up and in the start corridor.
3. Spectators are not allowed.
4. In crowded places, keep your distance from other participants and disinfect your hands.
5. It is also possible to join the race virtually, the race period is 8.02 - 14.03.
SIDE EVENTS, THAT WERE CANCELLED due to covid restrictions
OPEN TRACK, TEAM RELAY AND 16 KM DISTANCE ON 14.02
- It is possible to participate in the main marathon day or in the virtual edition. The virtual race period is open from February 8th to March 14th.
RACES FOR CHILDREN ON 20.02
- We welcome all children to take part in the virtual race this year. The children's virtual race is open from February 8th to March 14th.
- Medal will be sent to all the participants by post.