1. 4. Tartu Relay Marathon (Teatemaraton) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton according to current Rules and decisions made by the Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
2. The goal of this competition is to offer citizen skiers a new sportive teamwork challenge.
3. 4. Tartu Relay Marathon takes place on Sunday, February 8th 2015 together with the 43rd Tartu Maraton Open Track 63 km event.
4. The Competition starts at 9:00 as a mass start from the Ski Stadium of Tehvandi Sport Center in Otepää. The Finish is open from 11:30 till 17:00 at the Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus (Tartu County Recreational Sports Centre).
5. The team consists of 4 participants, each completing one stage of the 4 competition stages:
1st leg: Otepää - Matu 12 km
2nd leg: Matu – Kuutse 20 km
3rd leg: Kuutse – Palu 14,6 km
4th leg: Palu – Elva 16,4 km
The team entries by stages must be confirmed by 07.02.2015 at 17.00 at the latest. After that time, changes to the racing order are not allowed. Violation of this rule leads to disqualification.
6. Time limits of passing check points:
check point closing time
Start in Otepää 9.00
Matu 12 km 11.00
Kuutse 32 km 13.00
Palu 46,6 km 14.50
Finish 63 km 17.00
Failing to pass through the check points before the indicated time limit leads to disqualification. The timing chip will be taken off and skiers will be taken to the finish area by bus.
7. There are 6 service points (SP) on the 63 km course: 1. Matu 12km, 2. Ande 23km, 3. Kuutse 32km, 4. Peebu 39km, 5. Palu 46,6km, 6. Hellenurme 53,5km.
8. Waste areas. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
9. Free and classic techniques are permitted.
10. Participation is on your own responsibility. It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
11. Registration takes place:
* On Club Tartu Maraton website www.tartumaraton.ee until 05.02.2015 at 17:00
* in the Race Office (Laulupeo pst 25, Tartu, ph. +372 421644, fax +372 422 536) until 05.02.2015 at 17:00.
The team results will be taken into consideration in assigning start numbers (not guaranteeing the same start numbers) only during registration up to 25.01.2015.
The entry must be made for the whole team at once. The team entries by stages must be confirmed by 07.02.2015 at 17.00, at the latest.
12. Entry fee:
Deadline Entry fee
until 25.01.2015 100 € bibs with team name or logo
until 30.01.2015 80 € bibs without team name or logo
31.01.-05.02.15 80 € bibs without team name or logo
It is possible to have the team name or logo printed onto the bib, but this is only possible, if the entry has been made before 25.01.2015, the fee per team - 100 €. The logo or name must sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25.01.2015, at the latest.
In case of giving up the right of participation, the entry fee shall not be refunded.
The re-registration (changing of the participants or stage runners) costs 10 €.
There is no registration for the Tartu Relay Marathon on the race day!
13. The handout of start materials takes place:
* in the Club Tartu Maraton office in Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (ph +327 421644) on 06.02 and 07.02.2015 at 9.00-19:00;
* on the race day at the start areas starting 1,5 hours before start
14. The start fee includes: a starting bib; time keeping service (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during the whole race); results; service and catering in the service stations and finish; diploma with the team name and result; luggage transport from start to finish; medical service (if necessary); transport of abandoned skiers.
15. In order to get a registered result, the time keeping chip must be correctly attached to the right ankle (up to 20 cm from the ground) of competitor during the whole stage. The exchange takes place at the check point – in the special transition area. The finishing skier takes the timing chip off the leg and passes it to the skier of the next stage.
After exiting the finish corridor, hand the chip to the organizer. The participant is responsible for the chip from the moment the start number is handed out until it is handed over in the finish. In case of losing or not returning the chip, penalty 30 EUR will follow.
16. The 3 best teams shall be awarded at 14:00 on the finish area podium. There is only one general racing class.
17. Transportation. Organizers do not offer transportation to exchange areas. There are shuttle buses to the start in Otepää from Tartu and Elva (finish car park) to start area and after the race from finish car park to start areas and Tartu. All bus rides are paid. Bus tickets to the start areas must be purchased from the Race Centre prior to the race day. The day ticket price in Race Centre is 4 €, from the bus 5 €.
18. Parking in start areas and in finish car park is free; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill.
19. If the race will be cancelled due to lack of snow or force majeure, the entry fee will not be refunded. Force majeure is an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the organizers, such as a war, strike, riot, fire, flooding, earthquake, hurricane, storm etc.).
20. Due to force majeure the organizer could be forced to change or shorten the course, or cancel the race. The Organizing Committee will make the final decision at least on Monday, 2.02.2015, which will be forwarded to mass media. In exceptional circumstances the Jury has a right to make changes concerning the race until 3 hours before the start (FIS Article 388.1.3) to secure safety of the participants.
21. With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
Tartu Relay Marathon participants’ information!
Before the start
1) Start numbers` handout on the race day, from the ticket office at the entrance to the stadium of the Tehvandi Sport Centre.
2) Parking at parking lots of the Tehvandi Sport Centre (look at the start area map).
3) It is possible to change clothes at the stadium waxing house rooms.
4) Before the start it is possible to be in warm at the stadium house café or in the stadium house corridors.
5) Waxing of skis (grip wax only) is possible in the stadium waxing house at the SWIX team box at 7:30-9:30 on the race morning.
6) The start gate will be open from 8:45. The first part of the start area is reserved for Tartu Relay Marathon competitors (start places will be marked by numbers), the rest of the start corridor will be used by 43rd Tartu Maraton Open Track 63 km participants.
7) The start time of the competition is at 9:00, there will be no individual start time for late arrivals.
On the course and at the exchange area.
1) Start peacefully, the distance is long.
2) The classic tracks are set on the right; the left part of the course is for free technique users. Both free and classic techniques are permitted
3) Be especially careful when race course crosses the road. Before crossing the road, make sure that it is safe.
4) Use organizers traffic map with driving suggestions to reach exchange areas. MAP
5) At the exchange areas, park the car only to the assigned parking lots.
6) There are buses for abandoned skiers at the exchange areas, where it is possible to change the clothes.
7) At Matu and Palu, the exchange areas are situated on the right side of the service station, at Kuutse, on the left.
8) The start and finish of the exchange area are marked either with red line or pine brunches. The exchange takes place by handing over the timing chip within the limits of the exchange area. Before leaving the exchange area, the timing chip must be correctly attached to the new competitor’s leg. There are organizers controlling the exchanges and the violators shall be disqualified.
9) While waiting your exchange, you can have hot tea from service station.
At the finish
1) The parking at the finish is organised in the parking lots by the Hellenurme road, a 500m walk from the finish Area.
2) All of the team members can have a hot drink and a warm cup of soup at the feeding area.
3) The clothing and washing possibilities at the finish area facility are limited.
4) The 3 best teams will be awarded at 14:00 on the finish area podium.
5) Diplomas are available at the Race Office, which is located on the first floor of the finish facility.