47. Tartu Maraton
Tartu Marathon Relay
14. February 2021
|until 05.02.21||06.02.21 - 11.02.21|
|Tartu Marathon Relay||80.00 €||100.00 €|
- 8th Tartu Relay Marathon is organized by Club Tartu Maraton according to current Regulations and decisions made by the Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- The goal of this competition is to offer citizen skiers a new sportive teamwork challenge.
- 8th Tartu Relay Marathon takes place on Sunday, February 14th 2021 together with the 47th Tartu Maraton Open Track 63 km event.
- Free and classic techniques are permitted.
- The Competition starts at 9:00 as a mass start from the Ski Stadium of Tehvandi Sport Center in Otepää. The start timing mat is not located at the startline. The first leg skiers must enter the start corridor from the designated gate and cross the timing mat. Only in this case the start of the team will be registered. Otherwise the team will be regarded as not started.
The Finish is open from 11:30 till 17:00 at the Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus (Tartu County Recreational Sports Centre).
- The team consists of 4 participants, each completing one stage of the 4 competition stages:
1st leg: Otepää - Matu 12 km
2nd leg: Matu – Kuutse 20 km
3rd leg: Kuutse – Palu 14,6 km
4th leg: Palu – Elva 16,4 km
The team entries by stages must be made during the registration, changes are possible at the self-service environment up to 11.02.2021 at 17.00 at the latest. After that time, changes to the racing order are not allowed. Violation of this rule leads to disqualification.
- Time limits of passing check points:
Start in Otepää 9.00
1. Matu TP 11.00
2. Kuutse TP 13.00
3. Palu TP 14.50
Failing to pass through the check points before the indicated time limit leads to disqualification and the skier will be asked to leave the race course. All abandoned skiers will be taken to the finish area by bus.
- There are 6 service points (SP) on the 63 km course: 1. Matu 12 km, 2. Ande 23 km, 3. Kuutse 32 km, 4. Peebu 39 km, 5. Palu 46,6 km, 6. Hellenurme 53,5 km.
- Waste areas. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Participation is on your own responsibility. It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Registration takes place:
- On Club Tartu Maraton website www.tartumaraton.ee until 11.02.2021 at 17:00
- In the Race Office (Laulupeo pst 25, Tartu, ph. +372 421644) until 13.02.2021 at 17:00.
The team results will be taken into consideration in assigning start numbers (not guaranteeing the same start numbers) only during registration up to 05.02.2021.
- The entry must be made for the whole team at once. The team entries by stages can be changed only up to 11.02.2021 at 17.00 at the latest.
- Entry fees per team is until 05.02.2021 - 80 € and 06.02.-13.02.2021 - 100 €.
- It is possible to have the team name or logo printed onto the bib, but this is only possible, if the entry has been made up to 05.02.2021, the fee per team - 100 €. The logo must be uploaded during the registration (files in size less than 1 MB, acceptable formats pdf, cdr, eps, ai).
- In case of giving up the right of participation, the entry fee shall not be refunded.
- The re-registration (changing of the participants or stage runners) is possible in the self-service until 11.02.21 at 17:00 and is free of charge, name and leg changes at the race office will cost 10 €.
- There is no registration / re-registration on the Tartu Relay Marathon day!
- The handout of start materials takes place:
- at the Club Tartu Maraton office in Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (ph +327 421644) on 12.02 at 14-18 and 13.02.2021 at 10-17
- on the race day at the start areas 1,5 hours before start
- The start fee includes: starting bibs for team members; time keeping service (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during the whole race); results; service and catering in the service stations and finish; diploma with the team name and result; luggage transport from start to finish; medical service (if necessary); transport of abandoned skiers.
- In order to get a registered result, the time keeping chip must be correctly attached to the number bib during the whole stage. During the exchange only a GPS device is handed to the next skier, each team member has their own timing chip.
- The 3 best teams shall be awarded at 13:00 on the finish area podium. There is only one general racing class. The team which is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Transportation. Organizers do not offer transportation to exchange areas. There are shuttle buses to the start area in Otepää from Tartu and Elva (finish car park) and after the race from finish car park to start areas and Tartu. Bus rides are available for a fee. 1-day bus ticket costs 4 EUR and tickets can be bought from the office of Tartu Maraton. Transportation timetables will be available 2 weeks prior to the race at the latest.
- Parking in start areas and in finish car park is free; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfillment.
- Cancellation of the event
- If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
- In case of cancelling Tartu Relay Marathon due to lack of snow or another force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to next year’s event’s registration fee.
- The participant may transfer the above mentioned 50% of the participation fee paid by a private person to any other sport event organised by Club Tartu Maraton to be used to cover its participation fee.
- If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.19.2. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to the next year’s Tartu Relay Marathon are obliged to confirm their registration and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the first deadline of registration. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
- Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next year’s Tartu Relay Marathon fees. This means that they cannot be refunded or used to cover fees of other events of that year. People who were registered to Tartu Relay Marathon by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. For the following year 50% of fees paid will be transferred to next year’s marathon for the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Relay Marathon. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
- A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
- If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Relay Marathon. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
- If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
- Due to force majeure the organizer could be forced to change or shorten the course, or cancel the race. The Organizing Committee will make the final decision at least on Monday before the competition, which will be forwarded to mass media. In exceptional circumstances the Jury has a right to make changes concerning the race until 3 hours before the start (FIS Article 388.1.3) to secure safety of the participants.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- Other unforeseen cases will be solved by the Organizing Committee.