47. Tartu Maraton
14. February 2021
|AR 63 km||25.00 €|
|AR 31 km||20.00 €|
NB! The Open Track is cancelled due to the current Covid-19 restrictions.
Information on entry fee compensation and re-registration will be sent to all registered participants by e-mail.
- 47. TARTU MARATON OPEN TRACK belongs to the 2021 calendar of international long distance ski race series Worldloppet (WL).
- 47. TM Open Track is organized by Club Tartu Maraton (the Organizing Committee of 47. Tartu Maraton is confirmed by the Council of Club Tartu Maraton) with sponsors and supporters.
- 47. TM will be organized according to the cross-country long distance skiing race rules of the Estonian Ski Association and FIS, current Rules & Regulations, the official program of the competition and according to the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- 47. TM Open Track takes place on Sunday, February 14th 2021. Tartu Maraton course is open only to Open Track and 47. TM 16 km registered participants on this day.
- 63 km starts at 9:00 at Ski Stadium of Tehvandi Sport Center in Otepää (stamp for the WL long races)
- 31 km start at 11:00 at Arula crossroad, 8th km of Otepää-Puka road (stamp for the WL short races)
- 47. TM 16 km start at 12.00 in Palu service point, by Otepää – Rõngu road. 16 km distance is not part of the Open Track, it belongs to the main distances of Tartu Maraton.
- Open Track is not a competition, the results will be published in alphabetical order without ranking.
- Finish is open at 11:30-17:00. Finish is located 2 km from Elva towards Hellenurme, in Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus (Tartu County Recreational Sports Centre).
- There are 6 service points (TP) on the 63 km course: 1. Matu 12 km, 2. Ande 23 km, 3. Kuutse 32 km, 4. Peebu 39 km, 5. Palu 46,6 km, 6. Hellenurme 53,5 km. There are 3 service points on the 31 km course: 1. Peebu 7 km, 2. Palu 14,6 km, 3. Hellenurme 21,5 km. Drinks and food are also available in the finish area.
- Waste areas. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Time limits of passing check points:
Start in Otepää/Arula will be closed at 10:00/12:00.
1. Matu TP 11:00
2. Ande TP 12:00
3. Kuutse TP 13:00
4. Peebu TP 13:50
5. Palu TP 14:50
6. Hellenurme TP 15:45
Not passing the service points before time limit leads to disqualification. These skiers will be taken to the finish area by bus.
- Free and classic technique is permitted.
- Participation is on your own responsibility. It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Registration takes place:
- on the Club Tartu Maraton's website www.tartumaraton.ee up to 13.02.2021 at 17:00,
- in the Club Tartu Maraton office in Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (ph +327 421644) up to 13.02.2021 at 17:00,
- on the race day 14.02.2021 at the start areas 1,5 hours before start.
- Entry fees:
up to 13.02.21 14.02.21
63 km 25 € 35 €
31 km 20 € 30 €
50% discount is available for the youth up to the age of 18 (included), this discount does not apply to the re-registration fee and when registering in the race morning.
- Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- free of charge until 13.02.21 at 17.00 in the self-service environment of homepage and in the Club Tartu Maraton office, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid;
- On the race day all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances
- In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
- In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 13.02.21 at 17.00, 50% of the paid fee is transferred to participant's account in the self service environment to be used in following events in the Tartu Maraton Cube series. The credit is valid for 1 year.
- The handout of start materials takes place:
- in the Club Tartu Maraton office at Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (ph +327 421644) on 12.02 at 14-18 and 13.02.2020 at 10-17;
- on the race day at the start areas 1,5 hours before start
- Start fee includes: starting bib; time keeping (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during all the race); result in the results list in alphabetical order; service and catering in the SP-s and finish; diploma with name and result; luggage transport from start to finish; medical service if necessary; transport of abandoned skiers.
- Time keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which must be correctly attached to the bib from start to finish.
- To get a result, your Open Track bib must be visible from your front and back during the entire race and the time keeping chip must be attached properly. The chip cannot be folded or otherwise damaged.
- Transportation. The organizers recommend using special shuttle buses for transport from Tartu and the Finish car park in Elva to the Start location on the morning of the marathon day. The tickets for buses heading to the Start locations are only available from pre-sale. After the marathon, special shuttle buses are available for travelling from the Finish Location to Tartu and the Start car parks. The special shuttle buses are available for a fee of 4 €. The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the Race Office. The bus schedules of the shuttle buses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Parking in start areas and in finish car park is free; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfillment.
- Cancellation of the event
- If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
- In case of cancelling event due to lack of snow or another force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to participants' self service accounts as credit which can be used for the next entry fee payment in the Cube series. The credit is valid until the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Ski Marathon.
- If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.20.2. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he or she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (email@example.com).
- All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to the next events are obliged to confirm their registration and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the first deadline of registration of the next Tartu Ski Marathon. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
- 50% of participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to cover fees of next events. This means that they cannot be refunded. People who were registered to Open Track by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Ski Marathon. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
- A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
- If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Maraton. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
- If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
- Due to force majeure the organizer could be forced to change or shorten the course, or cancel the race. The Organizing Committee will make the final decision at least on Monday preceding the race, which will be forwarded to mass media. In exceptional circumstances the Jury has a right to make changes concerning the race until 3 hours before the start (FIS Article 388.1.3) to secure safety of the participants.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- Other unforeseen cases will be solved by the Organizing Committee.