Virtual Race Regulations
1. 14. Tartu Rulluisumaraton virtual race (hereinafter VR) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in accordance with the current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. VR is a sub-event of the 14. Tartu Rulluisumaraton and extends the main distances of the event. Registration to the virtual race will not give the right to participate on the main race and vice versa. A participant can take part in one distance either on the main race or the virtual one, but not both. Re-registration (incl change of distance) is possible until 22nd of August at 17:00 (Estonian time).
2. 14. Tartu Rulluisumaraton virtual race takes place from 13th of August until 23th of August 2020.
- Virtual race is a remote skating event in which participants can take part at their preferred time and place. Chosen distance should be completed on any day in the given time period on a freely chosen track.
- Distances of 42,2 km, 21,1 km and 10 km are available for registration. Chosen distance should be completed in one go and when stopping for any reason, time-keeping should not be stopped.
- Besides roller skates, roller skis are allowed.
- The virtual race is not a competition and there are no prizes. Participation in the virtual race will count as a participation in the Cube series (each participant will get 1 Cube point) and will count towards multiple participation awards (silver and gold pins).
3. Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! Regular traffic is not closed! Participants must follow all traffic regulations. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings. Wearing a helmet is mandatory, wearing other protective gear strongly advisable.
4. Participation in the virtual race must follow the restrictions and directions of the local government and health authorities of the participant's country. Participation in the virtual race does not give permission to violate them.
5. Keeping the environment clean is important to us. Throwing food packages, drink bottles etc into the nature is prohibited!
6. Age limit: all athletes born in 2005 (21 km and 10 km 2008) or earlier are allowed to participate.
7. Registration takes place on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 22.08.20 at 23:59,
8. Entry fees: 42 km 21 km 10 km
up to 03.08.2020 30 € 25 € 20 €
04.08.-14.08.2020 40 € 35 € 25 €
15.08.-22.08.2020 55 € 45 € 35 €
There is no registration on the 23rd of August.
In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded.
A 50% discount is available for the participants up to the age of 18 (included), this discount does not apply to the re-registration fee.
9. Re-registration is the alternation of the participant`s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- until 21.08.2020 in the self-service environment on www.tartumaraton.ee;
- in the Club Tartu Maraton office on 22.08.20 at 12:00-17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the 23rd of August!
- Until 14.08.2020 re-registration in self-service environment is free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid; later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
10. Start fee includes: digital start bib, medal for finishers (shipping outside Estonia is available for additional fee and has to be chosen during registration), electronic diploma, gold and silver pins according to the statute (will not be sent by post, handout in Club Tartu Maraton office or race centres of our events).
11. Time keeping and recording the distance completion is administered by participant's own device (sport watch, smartphone).
12. To get a result:
- Participant has to register on the Club Tartu Maraton website to the chosen distance and pay the entry fee.
- Participant has to complete the chosen distance on any day during the event time period and record their result with their own device. Please make sure that the device shows completed distance at least as long as the one you registered to.
- Participant has to upload the log file of their device by clicking on the link next to their name in the list of participants before August 23rd at 23:59. Result can be uploaded multiple times, the last one will count.
- Unofficial results will be updated on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee. The official results will be issued on August 28th at 17:00 on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Entering a correct postal address is necessary for sending the finisher medal.
13. The result of the virtual race will not be taken into account when assigning start groups in next years.
14. With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations.
16. Cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.