Useful info for virtual participants
Before participating in the race, read the information below.
In addition to the main race on 23rd of August, there will be a virtual race on 13th to 23rd of August according to separate regulations. Registration to the virtual race will not give the right to participate on the main race and vice versa. A participant can take part in one distance either on the main race or the virtual one, but not both. Re-registration (incl change of distance) is possible until 22nd of August at 17:00 (Estonian time).
NB! In everyday activities and also when participating in the virtual race, please adhere to the restrictions and directions of your local government and health authorities!
The virtual race has three distances: 42,2 km, 21,1 km ja 10 km.
- Choose a suitable and safe track for your skate ride.
- Regular traffic is not closed! Follow all traffic regulations and ride safely!
- Complete the distance in one go. Use your own device (sport watch, smartphone) with appropriate software to keep a record of your race.
- The virtual race is not a competition. Choose a comfortable speed.
Registration takes place on our website until August 22nd 2020 at 17:00. Re-registration (incl change of distance) is possible in the self-service environment until the same time.
- Make sure your sports watch/smart device is fully charged before the race.
- Make sure GPS coordinates save function is turned on. Set the frequency of coordinates recording as frequent as possible (1 sec would be ideal).
- NB! The AUTOSTOP function of the sports watches must be switched off (timing stopped if you stand for more than 2 seconds).
- If you also want to save the warm-up, be sure to save the race distance in a new file and only upload the race file into the results.
- Make sure your device shows your completed distance at least as long as the distance you signed up for.
To get an official result, send your log file (suitable files: .fit, .gpx, .tcx, .pwx) next to your name in the participant list until August 23rd (or use the manual result addition and add a screenshot of your result - date, distance, finish time). We will check your result and publish it.
Finishers of the virtual race will get a medal and an electronic diploma of 14. Tartu Rulluisumaraton. Shipping of the medal outside Estonia is available for additional fee (has to be chosen during registration). Make sure you have your correct postal address in our system. Diploma can be downloaded from our website after result upload.
Participation in the virtual race will count as a participation in the Tartu Maraton Cube 2020 series. Also the participation will count towards multiple participation awards (silver and gold pins). Pins will not be sent by post.
The results of the virtual race are not taken into consideration in assigning the start numbers for the future races of Tartu Rulluisumaraton.