- 11. TARTU RULLUISUMARATON (Tartu inline skating marathon) (RUM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton in co-operation with sponsors and supporters. RUM is the fourth stage of Tartu Maraton Cube.
- 11. Tartu Rulluisumaraton takes place on August 20th, 2017.
42,2 km mass-start at 13:00 in Tartu at the crossing of Narva mnt and Vahi Street.
21,1 km mass-start at 11:00 and 10 km mass-start at 11:15 at the same place.
21 km and 10 km races are not the competitions and there are no prize-giving, results though will be valid for Tartu Maraton Cube overall ranking.
Finish of all the races in Tartu at the crossing of Narva mnt and Kruusamäe Str.
42 km course: Tartu Narva mnt – Kõrveküla – Aovere– Kobratu - Aovere - Kõrveküla – Vahi – Aovere – Kõrveküla – Vahi – Kõrveküla – Tartu
21 km course: Tartu Narva mnt – Kõrveküla – Aovere – Kobratu – Aovere – Kõrveküla – Tartu
10 km course: Tartu Narva mnt – Kõrveküla – Vahi – Kõrveküla – Tartu
- There are 4 feeding stations (TP) and 2 drink stations (JP) on the 42km race:
1 feeding station and 1 drink station on the 21km the race. There is 1 feeding station on the 10km the race.
There are 4 split timing points on the 42km race: 10,5km; 21km; 30,2km, 37,4km and 1 intermediate sprint on 24,1km. There is 1 split timing point on the 21km race: 10,5km and 1 point in 10km race: 5 km.
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Control times of TP`s:
Chek points 42km (~15 km/h) 21km (~11 km/h) 10km (~10 km/h) 1. Aovere TP 13,7 km 14:00 12:15 - A. Kõrveküla JP 18 km 14:20 12:25 2. Vahi TP 21 km 14:30 - 5 km 11:45 3. Aovere TP 30,2 km 15:00 - - B. Kõrveküla JP 34,5 km 15:25 - - 4. Vahi TP 37,4 km 15:40 - - Finish is closed at: 16:00 12:55 12:30
- Only inline skates are allowed. No roller skis and poles are allowed!
The use of a car, motorcycle or any other motorized vehicle is not permitted for completing the race distance, and in case such external assistance has been used, the competitor shall be disqualified. Also the intentional physical assistance (pushing, pulling), which helps the other competitor in his/her progress, shall be considered as outside help. The brief leaning on or the pushing of another competitor, which helps to maintain a safe distance between the two competitors (except at intermediate sprints and/or in the last 300m of the finish corridor) shall not be considered as outside help, which also includes keeping physical contact with the competitor in front of one in a group descent.
- Everyone will participate at own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Helmets are obligatory! Additional protection gear (for wrists, knees, arms etc) is recommended. Skaters without helmets will be disqualified.
- The race course is closed for regular traffic. Skaters must follow traffic rules, signs and traffic officers’orders. In case this rule is breached, referees have got the right to disqualify the competitor.
- The warm-up area. There is 200 m long warm-up loop after the finish line. It is also possible to use for warm up a pedestrian road Tartu- Kõrveküla-Tartu, with totoal distance of 5 km. Warm-up on the other parts of the race course is not allowed.
If race rules have been breached, the disqualification may also be carried out on the basis of video footage of the event that shall be reviewed before the publishing of the official results.
- Age limit: all skaters born in 2002 (21 km and 10 km 2005) or earlier are allowed to participate.
Age groups of 42 km: Women: N17 (birth years 2002-2000), N20 (99-97), N21 (96-83), N35 (82-78), N40 (77-73), N45 (72-68), N50 (67- 63), N55 (62-58), N60 (57-53), N65 (52-48), N70 (47 and earlier);
Men: M17 (2002-2000), M20 (99-97), M21 (96-83), M35 (82-78), M40 (77-73, M45 (72-68), M50 (67-63), M55 (62-58), M60 (57-53), M65 (52-48), M70 (47-43), M75 (42-38), M80 (37 and earlier).
42 km start numbers
21 km start numbers
10 km start numbers
3001 - ...
Only until the end of the second round of registrations up to 11.08.17, the results of RUM 2016 (coef 1) or 2015 (coef 1,1) will be taken into consideration for disposing the start numbers. Athletes, who have not participated in the last two years, will get start numbers in the last start groups in the order of the registration. Each participant must enter the start gate according to the start number. NB! Starting from the wrong group will lead to disqualification.
The start list by start groups will be issued on the website within one week of the first round of registrations, the start list by start numbers will be issued on the website three days before the race.
Registration takes place:
on Club Tartu Maraton`s website www.tartumaraton.ee (up to 18.08.2017 at 17:00);
in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information: ph: +372 7421 644, fax: +372 7422 536) up to 18.08.2017 at 17:00;
in the race centre (Narva Rd - Kruusamäe Str crossing, in Tartu) on 19.08.2017 at 17.00
Info about the participation awards HERE
Info about registration to club or company competition is available HERE
Up to 31.07.2017
NB! No registrations on the day of the race! A 50% discount is available for the youth up to the age of 18 (included), this discount does not apply to the re-registration fee.
15. In case of waiving the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 19.08.17, the registration to the 2018 event is available at a 50% discount.
16. Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re-registration takes place:
- Until 18.08.17 the name and distance changes can be performed in the self-service environment,
- On 19.08.16 the re-registration takes place in the race centre 12:00-17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the day of the race
- Re-registration in self-service environment is up to 11.08.17 free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid; later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
- Participants starting under a false name shall be disqualified.
- In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
17. The start numbers are handed out at the race centre (Narva Rd - Kruusamäe Str crossing, in Tartu) on 19.08.17 at 12:00-19:00 and on 20.08.17 at 9:00-12:50.
18. Cancellation of the event
18.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
18.2. In case of cancelling event due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to next year’s Tartu Rulluisumaraton registration fee.
18.2.1. The participant may transfer the above mentioned 50% of the participation fee paid by a private person to any other sport event organised by Club Tartu Maraton to be used to cover its participation fee.
18.2.2. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.18.2.1. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (email@example.com).
16.2.3. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to the next year’s Tartu Rulluisumaraton are obliged to confirm their registration and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the first deadline of registration. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
18.2.4. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next year’s Tartu Rulluisumaraton fees. This means that they cannot be refunded or used to cover fees of other events of that year. People who were registered to event by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. For the following year 50% of fees paid will be transferred to next year’s event for the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Rulluisumaraton. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
18.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
18.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Rulluisumaraton. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
18.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
19. Start fee includes: a marked race course; starting package; time keeping (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during all the race); result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service in service points and in the finish; awarding; diploma; medal; luggage storage; medical service if necessary; transport of abandoned skaters.
20. Time keeping is based on a microchip. To get a result the time keeping chip must be correctly attached to your right ankle (up to 20 cm from the ground) from start to finish. After exiting the finish corridor, hand over the chip to the organizers. The participant is responsible for the chip from the moment the start number is handed out until it is handed over in the finish. In case of losing or not returning the chip, penalty 95 € will follow and the time keeping company ChampionChip issues the bill.
21. To get a result, the start number of 10. Tartu Rulluisumaraton must be attached correctly and the time keeping chip must be attached correctly to the ankle. The shape and size of the start numbers may not be altered, e.g. by cutting or folding the edges.
22. Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area, on the website www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on Monday 21.08.2017 in newspaper Postimees. If a result is missing in the unofficial results, skater has to inform immediately the Race Secretary about that. The protests concerning results can be brought up until next Wednesday after the race at 17:00 PM with the Race Office in Club Tartu Maraton. Official results shall be published at 17:00 on the next Friday after the race on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
23. Medical aid shall be provided by the Estonian Rescue Board in co-operation with the Tartu Ambulance Service. Qualified medical workers shall provide assistance at the service points and on the race track. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
24. Awards ceremony.
- 12 first men and 6 women will be awarded with medals, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 14.45.
- The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube. The cups are handed over at the prize-giving ceremony of the next event of Cube (Tartu Rattamaraton) in accordance to the time schedule indicated in the program of the event. Information about free entries will be sent directly to the e-mail of representative of the club or company.
- There will be special prizes for sprint winner and cups for age group winners of 42 km.
- Prizes will be issued on the basis of start number or ID.
- Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation. An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
25. Lost, found, exchanged and borrowed things should be handed over to the chief of the service point or to the Lost/Found desk at luggage storage area. Lost/found things will be later available from Club Tartu Maraton office during one month after the race day.
26. By registering for Tartu Rulluisumaraton, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current race regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
27. The participants of the Tartu Rulluisumaraton respect clean and honest sports. The international anti-doping rules are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organisations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
28. All protests concerning the race results and breaking the Rules etc must be brought up to the Race Commissaire as follows:
• concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished;
• concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of a protest (except of these concerning race results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All protests concerning the race will be solved by the Panel of Commissaires.
29. Other cases, not mentioned in current Race Regulations will be solved by the Organizing Committee..