Before participating in the race, read the information below.
Because of the global COVID-19 pandemic, Tartu Rattaralli has a different race format this year.
Everyone can participate in the race at their own location!
Just choose the cycling route/track close to your home and join the race!
NB! In everyday activities and also when participating in the virtual race, please adhere to the restrictions and directions of your local government and health authorities!
39. Tartu Rattaralli virtual race will take place from May 29th until June 14th 2020. Choose your day of preference in this time period.
The virtual race has three distances: 128, 58, and 25 km.
- Cycle your chosen distance in a location of your preference. If you are located in Estonia, the official Tartu Rattaralli tracks are marked during May 29 - June 14.
- Regular traffic is not closed! Follow all traffic regulations and ride safely!
- Complete the distance in one go. Use your own device (sport watch, smartphone) with appropriate software to keep a record of your race.
- The virtual race is not a competition. Choose a comfortable speed.
- Make sure your sports watch/smart device is fully charged before the race.
- Make sure GPS coordinates save function is turned on. Set the frequency of coordinates recording as frequent as possible (1 sec would be ideal).
- NB! The AUTOSTOP function of the sports watches must be switched off (timing stopped if you stand for more than 2 seconds).
- If you also want to save the warm-up, be sure to save the race distance in a new file and only upload the race file into the results.
- Make sure your device shows your completed distance at least as long as the distance you signed up for.
Completing the chosen distance is allowed also on a smart trainer.
- You can use our course files (download HERE) in Tacx Training app, Rouvy, Zwift or other environments. In Rouvy you can search for "Tartu Rattaralli".
- You can also use any course file with the distance at least as long as the chosen distance.
- Uploading results is the same as when cycling on actual roads. Export your log file (.fit, .gpx, .tcx or .pwx) and upload on our website. Or use the manual result addition and add a screenshot of your result (date, distance, finish time).
Registration takes place on our website until June 14th 2020 at 23.59. Entry fee for 128/58 km is 20 €, for 25 km 15 €. It is possible to change your chosen distance free of charge until the same time. Only when changing distance from shortest to longer, the entry fee difference of 5 € has to be paid.
If you wish, you can download and print out a start bib HERE (PDF, 795 Kb).
To get an official result, send your log file (suitable files: .fit, .gpx, .tcx, .pwx) next to your name in the participant list until June 14th. We will check your result and publish it.
Finishers of the virtual race will get a medal and an electronic diploma of 39. Tartu Rattaralli. Shipping of the medal outside Estonia is available for additional fee (has to be chosen during registration). Make sure you have your correct postal address in our system.
The virtual race will be the second stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2020 series. Also the participation will count towards multiple participation awards (silver and gold pins).
Those who were registered to the 39. Tartu Rattaralli before we had to change it to the virtual race, will be automatically listed as participants in the virtual race. More info about that in the FAQ.
The results of the virtual race are not taken into consideration in assigning the start numbers for the future races of Tartu Rattaralli.