- 39. TARTU RATTARALLI (RR) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with sponsors and supporters. RR is third stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2020.
- 39. RR will be organized according to the UCI CR, Estonian Cyclists Union rules, current Race Regulations and according to the decisions made by the Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- 39. RR takes place on Sunday, May 31st, 2020.
- 124 km mass-start at 11:00 in front of Aura Centre at Turu Str, in Tartu.
- 56 km mass-start at 10:15 at the same place. 56 km race is not a competition and there is no prize-giving, results though will be valid for Tartu Maraton Cube overall ranking.
- Finish of both races is in front of Aura Centre at Turu Str in Tartu.
The detailed race course will be published 1 month before the event.
- There are 5 service stations (TP) on 124 km course and 3 stations on 56 km course. On 124 km race there are 3 hill sprints (34,9 km, 54,8 km and 89,5 km).
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Control times for passing check points:
56 km 124 km 1. Nõo TP 16,8 km 11.25 16,8 km 12.00 2. Embach / Otepää TP - - 49,5 km 13.45 3. Ihamaru TP - - 78 km 15.20 4. Vana-Kuuste TP 36,5 km 12.40 103 km 16.45 5. RC Cola / Ülenurme TP 49,3 km 13.30 116 km 17.30 Finiš 56 km 14.00 124 km 18.00
- The choice of the bicycle is free. Moving along the track with outside help (for example motor transport, including electric bicycle) will lead to disqualification. The disqualification can also be based on the video recordings of the race that will be watched through before publishing official results.
* Racing with a non-standard bicycle is only allowed with the permission and conditions given by the UCI Commissaire. This racer must race without endangering other racers.
* Considering the safety of other racers, time-trial and triathlon type handlebars are not allowed! Organizers ask to remove from bikes all kind of additional gear which could possibly tangle and harm other riders in the bunch (side mirrors, racks etc.)
- Everyone will participate at their own risk! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Helmets are obligatory! Riders without helmets will be disqualified. The disqualification may also be based on the video recordings of the race that shall be reviewed before publishing official results.
- The course is open to regular traffic. Riders must follow traffic rules, signs and traffic officers’ orders. Riding on the left side of the road is strictly prohibited!
- Age limit: all riders born in 2005 (on 56 km 2008) or earlier are allowed to participate.
With trainer’s written permission, younger riders can also participate on the 124 km race. Younger riders can participate in the 56 km race when accompanied by their parents, on their responsibility.
Age groups of 124 km:
Women: N17 (year of birth 2005-03), N20 (2002-2000), N21 (99-86), N35 (85-81), N40 (80-76), N45 (75-71), N50 (70- 66), N55 (65-61), N60 (60-56), N65 (55-51), N70 (50 or earlier);
Men: M17 (2005-03), M20 (2002-2000), M21 (99-86), M35 (85-81), M40 (80-76), M45 (75-71), M50 (70- 66), M55 (65-61), M60 (60-56), M65 (55-51), M70 (50-46), M75 (45-41), M80 (40 or earlier).
- Start groups:
124 km start numbers 56 km start numbers Elite number 1-200 --- 1st group 201-300 5001-5500 2nd group 301-500 5501-6300 3rd group 501-700 6301-6500 4th group 701-1000 6501-7000 5th group 1001-1500 7001-... 6th group 1501-2000 7th group 2001-...
* Previous results of both distances will be taken into consideration in assigning start numbers only for registrations made up to 22.05.2020. Organizers do not guarantee start number in the same start group as the previous result.
* Riders without the result of Tartu Rattaralli 2019, 2018 or 2017, who want to improve their starting position, can send written application indicating their cycling results of last season and with internet link to indicated race result list. Application must be sent by 22.05.2020 at the latest to email@example.com. Later complaints shall not be taken into consideration.
* The result on the same distance has a priority. The results of RR 2019 (coef 1) or (in case of no result in that year) RR 2018 (coef 1,1), RR 2017 (coef 1,2) will be taken into consideration in disposing the start numbers. Organizers do not guarantee start number in the same start group as the previous result.
* 124 km elite group is composed of UCI M Elite or M U23 license holders and the top 100 riders from RR 2019.
* Riders with UCI W Elite licence will be placed to the start groups by their previous results on Tartu Rattaralli.
* Based on the short distance results in 2019 and 2018, starting placements for the longer distance are available from the 4th start group.
* Riders, who have not participated in the last two years, will get start numbers to the last start groups in the order of the registration.
* Every rider must enter the start gate according to his/her start number. Participants, who start in an earlier start corridor than their start number would allow them to, will be disqualified. Exceptions are made for participants that wish to start in a later start group.
* The start list by start groups will be published on the website one week after the first entry wave ends, the start list with start numbers will be published three days before the race.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at www.tartumaraton.ee until 29.05.20, 17:00;
- at the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information +372 7421 644) until 28.05.20, 17:00;
- at the race centre (Turu Str 10 parking lot, next to Aura aqua park) on 29.05.20 at 12:00-19:00 and on 30.05.20 at 9:00-17:00;
- Info about registration to club or company competition is available HERE
- Loyal participants with more than 20 participations will get specially designed “ambassador” start numbers if registration is completed during the first registration wave. More info about the participation awards HERE
- Entry fees:
Deadlines 124 km 56 km Until 01.05.2020 45 € 35 € 02.05.-22.05.2020 55 € 45 € 23.05.-30.05.2020 80 € 60 €
A 50% discount is available for the participants up to the age of 18 (included), this discount does not apply to the re-registration fee.
- In case of waiving the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 30.05.2020, 50% of the paid registration fee will be transferred to the participant's account in the self service environment of Club Tartu Maraton as a credit which can be used when pay for the registration to next races in the Cube series. The credit is valid for 1 year.
- Re-registration is the alternation of the participant`s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- until 29.05.2020 self-service environment on www.tartumaraton.ee;
- at the race centre on 29.05.20 at 12:00-19:00 and on 30.05.20 at 9:00-17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the day of the race!
- Until 22.05.2020 re-registration in self-service environment is free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid; later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
- Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification! In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre (Turu Str 10 parking lot, next to Aura aquapark):
- 29.05.2020 at 12:00-19:00;
- 30.05.2020 at 9:00-19:00;
- 31.05.2020 at 8:00-12:00.
- Cancellation of the event
18.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organizer which state that the organizer may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
18.2. In case of cancelling event due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to participants’ self service accounts as credit which can be used for the next entry fee payment in the Cube series. The credit is valid until the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Rattaralli.
18.2.1. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.18.2. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
18.2.2. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to their self service accounts are obliged to register to the event of their choice and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Rattaralli. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
18.2.3. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next events in the Tartu Maraton Cube series. This means that they cannot be refunded. People who were registered to event by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. The 50% of fees paid will be transferred to the account of the representative of the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list (make a new group registration to the event of their choice) at the latest by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Rattaralli. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
18.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organizer has no control over. The organizer cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
18.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organizers of Tartu Rattaralli. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
18.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
- Start fee includes: marked course; participant info; luggage hold; time keeping (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during all the race); result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time (both distances) and ranking (only 124 km); medal for finishers; medical service, if necessary; transport of abandoned riders, gold and silver pins according to the statute.
Starting package consists of number bib with time-keeping chip, luggage sticker, food ticket.
- Time keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which is attached to the backside of the handlebar start number. The chip may not be removed or damaged in any way. The chip is meant for one-time use only and there is no need for it to be returned to the Organizer after the event.
- To get a result the start number with the timing chip must be attached on to the handlebar in a visible location from the moment the starting corridor is entered till arrival at the finish. Additionally all the participants must wear the saddle number and helmet number in a visible manner. The riders with start numbers 1 - 300 have 2 back numbers, both of which shall be attached to the lower back (pockets of the rider's shirt).
The shape and size of the start numbers may not be altered, e.g. by cutting or folding the edges.
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area, on the website www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on the Monday after the race in the newspaper Postimees. Official results shall be published on the Friday after the race at 17:00 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until the Wednesday after the race at 17:00 PM with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
- Medical aid is organized by the Estonian Disaster Relief Team. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. The medical workers on bicycles will also follow the race all the way with a Red Cross on their backs. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Technical service is offered in the start and in all service stations for free, the spare-parts have to be paid for.
- Awards ceremony.
- 6 first men and 6 women of 124 km race will be awarded with Tartu Rattaralli medals, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 14:45.
- There will be special prizes for sprint winners and the cups for age group winners of 124 km.
- The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube. The cups are handed over at the prize-giving ceremony of the next event of Cube (Tartu Rulluisumaraton) in accordance to the time schedule indicated in the program of the event. Information about free entries will be sent directly to the e-mail of representative of the club or company.
- All prizes will be issued on the basis of start number or ID.
- Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Things lost and found should be handed over to the chief of SP or to the race centre. Owners can get their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event
- The participants of the Tartu Rattaralli respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the UCI are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organizations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
- All protests concerning the race results and breaking the Rules etc. must be brought up with the Race Commissaire in the following manner:
* concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after the first 100 participants have finished;
* concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning race results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All protests concerning the race will be solved by the Panel of Commissaires.
The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until the Wednesday after the race at 17:00 PM with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
- Other cases, not mentioned in the current Race Regulations will be solved by the Organizing Committee.