34. TARTU RATTARALLI (RR) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with sponsors and supporters. RR is third stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2015.
34. RR will be organized according to the UCI CR, Estonian Cyclists Union rules, current Race Regulations and according to the decisions made by the Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
34. RR takes place on Sunday, May 31st, 2015.
* 142 km mass-start at 11:00 in front of Aura Centre at Turu Str, in Tartu.
* 63 km mass-start at 10:00 at the same place. 63 km race is not a competition and there is no prize-giving, results though will be valid for Tartu Maraton Cube overall ranking.
* Finish of both races in front of Aura Centre at Turu Str in Tartu.
There are 5 service points (SP) 142 km course: 1. Bottecchia / Kaarepere SP 36,5 km; 2. Laiuse SP 60,8 km; 3. Vudila / Kaiavere SP 87,7 km; 4. Vedu SP 103,2 km; 5. Luunja SP 127 km.
There are 2 service points on 63 km course: 1. Vedu SP 24,5 km; Luunja SP 48,3 km.
There are 4 sprints on 142 km course: Tabivere parish sprint in Tabivere on 22,9 km; Tartu Maraton Cube hill sprint on Laiuse 57,9 km; Luua hill sprint on 77,2 km; 1182 sprint in Luunja on 127 km.
There are 3 split timing points on 142 km: 60,8 km; 97,3 km; 127 km and 2 split timing points on 63 km: 18,6 km and 48,3 km.
Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Special sections are situated: 1) on long race 55-57 km; 2) on long race 108,5-109,5 km and on short race on 30- 31 km.
Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw into the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of the waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
Control times of passing check points:
Check point 142 km 63 km 1. Bottecchia / Kaarepere SP 36,5 km 13.00 - 2. Laiuse SP 60,8 km 14.30 - 3. Vudila / Kaiavere SP 87,7 km 16.00 - 4. Vedu SP 103,2 /24,5 km 16.45 11.30 5. Luunja SP 127 /48,3 km 18.00 13.00 Finish will be closed at 19.00 14.00
Depending on the weather conditions, the time limits could be changed on the race day. The riders, who will not pass the SP before the control time, will be disqualified and transported to the finish by bus. Depending on weather conditions, the time limits could be changed on the race day.
The choice of the bicycle is free. Moving along the track with outside help (for example transport) will lead to disqualification. The disqualification also bases on the video recordings of the race that will be watched through before publishing official results.
* Racing with a non-standard bicycle (not corresponding with UCI CR 1.3.007-1.3.009 and 1.3.024) only allowed with the permission and conditions given by the UCI commissaire. This racer must race without endangering other racers and the result will be given separately.
* Considering the safety of other racers, time-trial and triathlon type handlebars are not allowed! Organizers ask to remove from bikes all kind of additional gear which could possibly attach and harm other riders in the bunch (side mirrors, racks etc.)
Everyone will participate at their own risk! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
Helmets are obligatory! Riders without helmets will be disqualified. The disqualification may also be based on the video recordings of the race that shall be reviewed before publishing official results.
The course is open for regular traffic. Riders must follow traffic rules, signs and traffic officers’ orders. Riding on the left side of the road is strictly prohibited!
Age limit: all riders born in 2000 (on 63 km 2003) or earlier are allowed to participate.
With trainer’s permission, younger riders can also participate on the 142 km race.
Younger riders can participate in the 63 km race with parents, on their responsibility.
Age groups of 142 km:
Women: N17 (birth years 2000-98), N20 (97-95), N21 (94-81), N35 (80-76), N40 (75-71), N45 (70-66), N50 (65- 61), N55 (60-56), N63 (55-51), N65 (50-46), N70 (45 and earlier); Men: M17 (2000-98), M20 (97-95), M21 (94-81), M35 (80-76), M40 (75-71), M45 (70-66), M50 (65-61), M55 (60-56), M63 (55-51), M65 (50-46), M70 (45-41), M75 (40-36), M80 (35 and earlier)
142 km start numbers 63 km start numbers Elite group 1 – 200 --- 1st group 201 – 300 5001 – 5500 2nd group 301 – 500 5501 – 6300 3rd group 501 – 700 6301 – 6500 4th group 701 – 1000 6501 – 7000 5th group 1001 – 1500 7001 – ... 6th group 1500 – 2000 7th group 2001 – ...
* The main principle of composing start groups for Tartu Rattaralli, is to secure the safety of participants by placing the riders with the same capabilities to the same start group. The best indicator of the rider’s capability is his/her results on the previous Tartu Rattaralli.
* The riders’ personal results of both distances will be taken into consideration in assigning start numbers only during registrations up to 22.05.2015. Organizers do not guarantee start number at the same start group as the previous result.
* Riders without the result of Tartu Rattaralli 2014 or 2013, who want to improve their starting position, can send written application with indicating their cycling results of last season and with internet link to indicated race result list. Application must be sent by 22.05.2015 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Later complaints shall not be taken into consideration.
* The result on the same distance has a priority. The results of RR 2014 (coef 1) or (in case of no result in that year) RR 2013 (coef 1,2) will be taken into consideration in disposing the start numbers. Organizers do not guarantee start number at the same start group as the previous result.
* 142 km elite group is composed of UCI M Elite or M U23 license holders and the top 100 riders from RR 2014.
* Riders with UCI W Elite licence will be placed to the start groups by their previous results on Tartu Rattaralli. Riders without Tartu Rattaralli result, who want to improve their starting position, can send written application with indicating their cycling results of last season (2014) and with internet link to indicated race result list. Application must be sent by 22.05.2015 at the latest to email@example.com. Later complaints shall not be taken into consideration.
* Based on the short distance results in 2014 and 2013, starting placements from the 4th start group shall be available.
* Riders, who have not participated in the last two years, will get start numbers to the last start groups in the order of the registration.
Every rider must enter the start gate according to his/her start number.
Participants, who start in an earlier start corridor than their start number would allow them to, will be disqualified. Exceptions are made for participants that wish to start in a later start group.
The start list by start groups will be published on the website one week later after the first entry wave, the start list with start numbers will be published three days before the race at the latest.
Registration takes place:
* on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at www.tartumaraton.ee until 29.05.15, 17:00;
* at the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information +372 7421 644) until 28.05.15, 17:00;
* at the race centre (Turu Str 10 parking lot, next to Aura aqua park) on 29.05.15 at 12:00-19:00 and on 30.05.15 at 9:00-17:00.
Deadlines 142 km 63 km Until 01.05.2015 35 € 25 € 02.05.-22.05.15 45 € 35 € 23.05.-30.05.15 70 € 50 €
NB! No registration on the day of the race!
A 50% discount is available for the participants up to the age of 18 (included), this discount does not apply to the re-registration fee.
In case of waiving the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 30.05.2015 at 17:00, the registration to the 2016 RR is available at a 50% discount.
Cancellation of the event
16.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organizer which state that the organizer may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
16.2. In case of cancelling event due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to next year’s Tartu Rattaralli’s registration fee.
16.2.1. The participant may transfer the above mentioned 50% of the participation fee paid by a private person to any other sport event organized by Club Tartu Maraton to be used to cover its participation fee.
16.2.2. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.16.2.1. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
16.2.3. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to the next year’s Tartu Rattaralli are obliged to confirm their registration and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the first deadline of registration. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
16.2.4. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next year’s Tartu Rattaralli fees. This means that they cannot be refunded or used to cover fees of other events of that year. People who were registered to event by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. For the following year 50% of fees paid will be transferred to next year’s event for the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Rattaralli. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
16.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organizer has no control over. The organizer cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
16.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organizers of Tartu Rattaralli. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
16.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
* until 29.05.15 in the self-service environment on www.tartumaraton.ee;
* on 29.-30.05.15 in the race centre;
* by written application (email@example.com) sent before 17:00 on 30.05.15.
There will be no re-registration on the day of the race!
Until 22.05.15 re-registration in self-service environment is free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid; later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification! In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre (Turu Str 10 parking lot, next to Aura aquapark):
* 29.05.15 at 12:00-19:00;
* 30.05.15 at 9:00-19:00;
* 31.05.15 at 8:00-12:00.
Start fee includes: marked course; starting package; time keeping (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during all the race); result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time (63 km) and ranking (142 km); medal; transport of luggage from start to finish; medical service, if necessary; transport of abandoned riders, gold and silver pins according to the statute.
Starting package consists of number bib, information booklet, plastic bag for clothes, food ticket, time-keeping chip + bindings.
- Time keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which is attached to the backside of the handlebar start number. The chip may not be removed or damaged in any way. The chip is meant for one-time use only and there is no need for it to be returned to the Organizer after the event.
To get a result the start number with the timing chip must be attached on to the handlebar in a visible location from the moment the starting corridor is entered till arrival at the finish. Additionally all the participants must wear the back number in a visible manner. The riders with start numbers 1 - 300 have 2 back numbers, both of which shall be attached to the lower back (pockets of the rider's shirt).
The shape and size of the start numbers may not be altered, e.g. by cutting or folding the edges.
Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area, on the website www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on Monday, June 1st in the newspaper Postimees. Official results shall be published on June 5th 2015 at 17:00 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until June 3th 2015 at 17:00 PM with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
- Medical aid is organized by the Estonian Disaster Relief Team. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. The medical workers on bicycles will also follow the race all the way with a Red Cross on their backs. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Technical service is offered in the start and in all service stations for free, the spare-parts have to be paid.
- Awards ceremony.
* 12 first men and 6 women of 142 km race will be awarded with Tartu Rattaralli medals, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 15:00.
* There will be special prizes for sprint winners and the cups for age group winners of 142 km.
* The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube. The cups are handed over at the prize-giving ceremony of the next event of Cube (Tartu City Marathon) in accordance to the time schedule indicated in the program of the event. Information about free entries will be sent directly to the e-mail of representative of the club or company.
* All prizes will be issued on the basis of start number or ID.
* Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
* An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
Things lost and found should be handed over to the chief of SP or to the race centre. Owners can get their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event
The participants of the Tartu Rattaralli respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the UCI are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organizations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
All protests concerning the race results and breaking the Rules etc. must be brought up with the Race Commissaire in the following manner:
* concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after the first 100 participants have finished;
* concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning race results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All protests concerning the race will be solved by the Panel of Commissaires.
The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until June 3th 2015 at 17:00 PM with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
Other cases, not mentioned in the current Race Regulations will be solved by the Organizing Committee.