Virtual Race Regulations
- 23. Tartu Rattamaraton virtual race (hereinafter VR) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in accordance with the current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. VR is a sub-event of the 23. Tartu Rattamaraton (RM) and extends the main distances of the event. Registration to the virtual race will not give the right to participate on the main race and vice versa. A participant can take part in one distance either on the main race or the virtual one, but not both. Re-registration (incl change of distance) is possible until 19th of September at 17:00 (Estonian time).
23. Tartu Rattamaraton virtual race takes place from 10th to 20th of September 2020.
- Virtual race is a remote cycling event in which participants can take part at their preferred time and place. Chosen distance should be completed on any day in the given time period on a freely chosen track.
- Distances of 89 km, 40 km and 21 km are available for registration. Chosen distance should be completed in one go and when stopping for any reason, time-keeping should not be stopped.
- Besides ordinary bicycles, electric bicycles are allowed.
- Chosen distance can be completed on the official tracks of RM (except on the main race day, Sept 20) or on the tracks of participant's choice. Avoidance of asphalt roads is recommended. The official tracks of RM are marked on 10.- 20. September.
- The virtual race is not a competition and there are no prizes. Participation in the virtual race will count as a participation in the Cube series (each participant will get 1 Cube point) and will count towards multiple participation awards (silver and gold pins).
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! Regular traffic is not closed! Participants must follow all traffic regulations. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings. Wearing a helmet is mandatory.
Participation in the virtual race must follow the restrictions and directions of the local government and health authorities of the participant's country. Participation in the virtual race does not give permission to violate them.
Keeping the environment clean is important to us. Throwing food packages, drink bottles etc into the nature is prohibited!
Age limit: all athletes born in 2005 (40 km and 21 km 2008) or earlier are allowed to participate.
Registration takes place on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 19.09.20 at 17:00.
Deadline 89 km 40 km 21 km up to 21.08.2020 45 € 35 € 25 € 22.08.-11.09.2020 55 € 45 € 35 € 12.09.-19.09.2020 80 € 60 € 40 €
There is no registration on the 20th of September.
In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded.
A 50% discount is available for the participants up to the age of 18 (included), this discount does not apply to the re-registration fee.
Re-registration is the alternation of the participant`s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website www.tartumaraton.ee until 17:00 on 19.09.2020;
- in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 19.09. from 10:00 till 17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the 20th of September.
- Re-registration of person of the same distance is free of charge until end of the second registration wave, later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
- Start fee includes: digital start bib, medal for finishers (shipping outside Estonia is available for additional fee and has to be chosen during registration), electronic diploma, gold and silver pins according to the statute (will not be sent by post, handout in Club Tartu Maraton office or race centres of our events).
- Time keeping and recording the distance completion is administered by participant's own device (sport watch, smartphone).
To get a result:
- Participant has to register on the Club Tartu Maraton website to the chosen distance and pay the entry fee.
- Participant has to complete the chosen distance on any day during the event time period and record their result with their own device. Please make sure that the device shows completed distance at least as long as the one you registered to.
- Participant has to upload the log file of their device by clicking on the link next to their name in the list of participants before September 20th at 23:59. Result can be uploaded multiple times, the last one will count.
- Unofficial results will be updated on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee. The official results will be issued on September 25th at 17:00 on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Entering a correct postal address is necessary for sending the finisher medal.
The result of the virtual race will not be taken into account when assigning start groups in next years.
With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations.
Cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.