MTB Marathon Relay
20. Tartu Rattamaraton
Tartu MTB Marathon Relay
17. September 2017
|until 14.09.17||15.09.17 - 15.09.17|
|Tartu MTB Marathon Relay||50.00 €||65.00 €|
Tartu MTB Marathon Relay
We are welcoming teams of three cyclists to complete 30 km, 37 km and 22 km stages. All three courses are different and every team can choose suitable and congenial route for each team member.
- The 2nd Tartu MTB Marathon Relay is organized by Club Tartu Maraton according to current Regulations and decisions made by the Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- The 2nd Tartu MTB Marathon Relay takes place on Sunday, September 17th 2017 together with the 20th Tartu MTB Maraton official training 89 km event from Otepää to Elva.
- Traffic: The race track is not closed to regular traffic. The organizer will ensure safety officers' presence where the track crosses major roads. All the participants have to follow traffic regulations and are responsible for their own safety on the track.
- The start will be given at 11:00 as a mass start from the Ski Stadium of Tehvandi Sport Center in Otepää.
- Stages: A team consists of 3 participants, each completing one stage of the 3 competition stages:
- leg Otepää - Pringi teerist 29,5 km
- leg Pringi teerist - Palu 36,8 km
- leg Palu - Elva 22,4 km
Every team gets a GPS device in their start materials that acts as a baton and is handed to the next stage racer in the stage changing areas. The device can be put either in the shirt pocket or around an arm. The protective cover of the device must not be removed. The GPS device lets organizers, other competitors and supporters track the advancement of the teams online from their smartphones or computers.
- Timekeeping is electonic. The timing chips are attached to start numbers. Timing chips are for single use, there is no need to return them to the organizers.
- Time limits for passing check points:
Checkpoint km time limit Pringi 29,5 km 12:45 Palu 66,3 km 14:40 Finish 88,7 km 16:00
- Waste areas. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw them to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Participation is on your own responsibility. It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Registration takes place:
- On Club Tartu Maraton website www.tartumaraton.ee until 15.09.2017 at 17:00
- At the start area on 17.09.2017 from 9:30 until 10:45 (up to 10 teams)
- The team has to be registered as a whole, specifying the stage for each team member. Changes are possible in the self-service environment up to 15.09.2017 at 17.00. After that time, changes to the racing order are not allowed. Violation of this rule leads to disqualification.
- Entry fee for a team is 50 € until 14.09.2017 and 65 € on 15.09.-17.09.2017.
In case of giving up the right of participation, the entry fee shall not be refunded.
- In case the registration is made before 14.09.2017, the starting position is given based on the first stage rider's result on the Tartu MTB Marathon 2016 or 2015. After that the starting positions are given in the order of registration.
- The handout of start materials takes place at the Club Tartu Maraton office in Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (ph +327 421644) on 15.09 at 14:00-18:00 and on the race day at the start area starting 1,5 hours before the start.
- The start fee includes: a starting bib; time keeping service (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip); results; service and catering in the service stations and finish; diploma with the team name and result; luggage transport from start to finish; medical service (if necessary); transport of abandoned skiers.
- The 6 best teams shall be awarded at 14:30 on the finish area podium. The team which is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Transportation. Organizers do not offer transportation to start or exchange areas. There are free shuttle buses going from Elva back to Otepää after the finish.
- Parking in start areas and in finish car park is free; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill.
With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.