ESTONIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
UCI MTB XCM cl. CN
- SEB 17. Tartu Rattamaraton (hereinafter 17. RM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters.
- 17. RM will take place according to the competition rules of the UCI MTB XCM, current Race Regulations and decisions of the Board of the Club Tartu Maraton.
- 17. RM will take place on September 21st 2014.
88,7 km (hereinafter 89 km) mass start will be given at 10:00 on Tehvandi Ski Stadium in Otepää.
40 km mass start will be given at 13:00 on Tehvandi Ski Stadium in Otepää.
40 km race is not a competition! The results will be published in alphabetical order, without ranking. The finish of both races is located near Elva, in Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus.
- There are 6 service points (SP) on the 89 km track: 1. Matu 12,3 km, 2. Ande 22,1 km, 3. Puka 36,5 km, 4. Astuvere 50,6 km, 5. Palu 66,3 km 6. Hellenurme 77,2 kmand 2 sprints: 1. Matu 12,2 km, 2. Palu (66,3 km). There are 3 SPs on the 40 km track: 1. Kannistiku 9,9 km, 2. Palu 18,7 km 3. Hellenurme 29,6 km.
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point and at other specially signed section. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Control times of SP’s:
Service point 89 km 40 km Matu SP 12,3 km 11:15 - Ande SP 22,1 km 12:30 - Puka SP 36,5 km 14:30 - Astuvere SP 50,6 km 15:00 - Kannistiku SP 9,9 km - 14:30 Palu SP 66,3 / 18,7 km 16:30 16:30 Hellenurme SP 77,2 / 29,6 km 17:15 17:15
- The race course runs mainly on gravel and forest roads, and partially on asphalt. The course is marked at least 48 hours before the start, as stated in the UCI Rules. Roads are open to the traffic. Riders must follow the traffic rules, signs and the traffic officers’ orders. No team service vehicles are allowed onto the race course, except for the commissaires` and organizer’s cars that have been marked with special markings.
- The choice of the bicycle is free. It is not allowed to exchange the bicycle during the race. Moving along the course with a car or other motorised vehicle, and/or using other unsanctioned outside help (e.g. a female rider being pushed by a male competitor) will lead to disqualification. Disqualification may also be based on a video recording of the race, which shall be revised before publishing the official race results.
- A competitor may start on non-standard cycling equipment (points 1.3.007-1.3.009 and provision 1.3.024 of the UCI CR) only with the consent of the chief commissaire and under predefined conditions, and without endangering other competitors on the race course. The participant’s result shall be protocolled separately.
- Technical service is offered at the start and at all SP-s for free, the spare parts have to be paid for.
- Everyone will participate at his/her own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Wearing a helmet is obligatory, without it, the competitor shall be disqualified. Disqualification may also be based on a video recording of the event, which shall be revised before publishing the official results.
- Age limit: all riders born in 1999 (40 km 2002) or earlier and are sufficiently trained and are therefore allowed to participate. In some cases, younger riders are allowed to participate on the 89 km course, if they present a written approval from their coach.
Age groups: Women: N17 (birth years 1999-97), N20 (96-94), N21 (93-80), N35 (79-75), N40 (74-70), N45 (69-65), N50 (64-60), N55 (59-55), N60 (54-50), N65 (49-45), N70 (44 and earlier);
Men: M17 (99-97), M20 (96-94), M21 (93-80), M35 (79-75), M40 (74-70), M45 (69-65), M50 (64-60), M55 (59-55), M60 (54-50), M65 (49-45), M70 (44-40), M75 (39-35), M80 (34 and earlier).
- Start groups:
Start groups 89 km start numbers 40 km start numbers Elite 1-100 - 1. 101-300 5001-5500 2. 301-500 5501-6000 3. 501-700 6001-6500 4. 701-1000 6501-... 5. 1001-1500 - 6. 1501-2000 - 7. 2001-2500 - 8. 2501-3000 - 9. 3001-3500 - 10. 3501-... -
- Results from the same race distance of the Tartu Rattamaraton take priority. The finishing positions in the Tartu Rattamaraton in 2013 (coef. 1), or in 2012, if necessary, (coef. 1.2) shall be taken into account.
- The right to start in the 89 km elite group shall be awarded to only the cyclists who possess a valid ME or WE cycling licence (issued by a national cycling association that is a member of UCI), who have completed the additional UCI enrollment form.
- Riders that have not participated in the Rattamaraton in 2013 and 2012 shall be positioned in the last start groups (except for professional cyclists who shall be positioned individually).
- Every rider must enter the start gate according to his/her start number. Participants, who start in an earlier start corridor than their start number would allow them to, are disqualified. Exceptions are made for participants that wish to start in a later start group.
- The start list by start groups will be issued within one week of the first round of registrations, the start list by start numbers will be issued on website three days before the race.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website www.tartumaraton.ee (until 17:00 on 19.09.2014);
- in Club Tartu Maraton until 17:00 on 19.09.2014 (information ph: +372 7421 644, fax: +372 7422 536);
- in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 19.09 from 12:00 till 21:00 and on 20.09. from 10:00 till 17:00;
- or in the shops of Hawaii Express until 19.09.2014.
- Entry fees:
Date 89 km 40 km up to 22.08.2014 30 € 20 € 23.08.-12.09.2014 40 € 25 € 13.09.-20.09.2014 60 € 40 €
- In case of waiving the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 20.09.14, the registration to the 2015 RM is available at a 50% discount.
- If the race will be cancelled due to force majeure, the entry fee will not be refunded. Force majeure is an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the organizers, such as a war, strike, riot, fire, flooding, earthquake, hurricane, snow storm etc.).
- Re-registration (changing the distance, number or name) takes place only in the race centre (in Tartu) or by a written application to email@example.com before 17:00 on 20.09.2014. There will be no re-registration on the day of the race.
Re-registration fee is 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances. Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification! In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 EUR replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start numbers takes place in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu, www.lounakeskus.com ) on 19.09 at 12:00-21:00 and on 20.09. at 10:00-19:00; and on 21.09.2014 at the start area in Otepää for 89km race at 8.00-9.50 and for 40 km race 10.30-12.50.
- Start fee includes: marked course; starting package; time-keeping (only in case of correctly attached time-keeping chip during the whole race); result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and the finish; awarding; diploma with the name, time (40 km) and placing (89 km); medal; transport of luggage from the start to the finish; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned riders, gold and silver pins according to the statute.
Starting package consists of the start number with attached time-keeping chip, information booklet, marking stickers for the bike, plastic bag for clothes, and a food ticket.
- Time-keeping is performed with an electronic timing chip which is attached to the backside of the handlebar start number. The chip may not be removed or damaged in any way. The chip is meant for one-time use only and there is no need for it to be returned to the Organizer after the event.
- To get the finishing result, the 17. RM start number with the timing chip must be attached on to the handlebar in a visible location from the moment the starting corridor is entered till arrival at the finish. The shape and size of the start numbers may not be altered, e.g. by cutting or folding the edges.
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area and on the website www.tartumaraton.ee. If your result is missing from the unofficial results, you should inform immediately the Race Secretary. Protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until 17:00 on 24.09.2014 at the Race Office in Club Tartu Maraton. Official results will be issued by 17:00 on 26.09.2014 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Special shuttle busses are used for transporting participants from Tartu and the Finish parking lot in Elva in the morning of the marathon day to the start location. The transportation of bikes takes place for bus ticked owners with the special trucks which will follow the shuttle bus. Riding the special bus lines is for a fee of 4 €, if purchased previously, and 5 € on the marathon day. The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the Race Centre and other places that have been named by the organizer. The bus schedules of the shuttle busses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Parking in Otepää is is free of charge; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill. Parking in the finish car park (Elva-Hellenurme 2 km) costs 5 €, for buses with more than 10 seats it is free of charge.
- Medical aid is organized by the Estonian Disaster Relief Team. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- The awards ceremony takes place in the finish area as stated in the program. 12 first men and 6 women of 17. RM will be awarded. Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (21% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation. The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded. There will be also raffle prizes and cups for age group winners of 89km. An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Lost and found items must be handed over to the secretariat (at the start area) or to SP chiefs (at service points). The lost and found items shall be brought to the finish, where they are stored at the Lost and found item’s post. Lost and found items can also be claimed from Club Tartu Maraton’s office within 1 month of the Rattamaraton.
- By enrolling to the Tartu Rattamaraton, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current race regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The protests concerning the race results, breaking the Rules, etc. must be brought up with the UCI Commissaire of the race: concerning first 200 finishers, within 1 hour after the 200th participant has finished; concerning all the others, until the closing time of the finish. The cost of a protest (except of the ones concerning race results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All protests concerning the race will be solved by the Commissaries Panel.
- Other unforeseen cases will be solved by the Organizing Committee and the Commissaires Panel.