- The 7th Tartu City Marathon (hereinafter: Race) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters. Races are organized according to the Race Rules of the Estonian Athletic Association, current Race Regulations and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. Race is the final stage of Tartu Maraton Cube.
- The 7th Tartu City Marathon 42 km, 21 km, 10 km takes place on Saturday, October 6th 2018.
- 42,2 km (hereinafter 42 km) mass-start will be given at 9:30 at the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- 21,1 km (hereinafter 21 km) mass-start will be given at 11:00 at the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- 10 km run and Nordic Walking mass-start will be given at 14:00 in the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- For safety reasons it is not allowed to run with walking poles! The results are published separately for 10 km run and Nordic Walking.
- For the purpose of Tartu Maraton Cube results calculation, the results/times of the Nordic Walking are included in the results of the running distance of the same length.
- There are 8 service points (TP) and 2 drink stations (JP) on the 42 km course; 4 TPs and 2 JPs on 21 km course and 2 TPs and 1 JP on the 10 km course.
- Time limits for passing 42 km is 6,5 hours, for 21 km 3 hours and for 10 km 2 hours.
Checkpoint distance 42 km distance 21 km distance 10 km 1. Ropkamõisa TP 5 km 10:15 5 km 11:45 - - 2. Terminal Annelinna TP 10 km 11:00 10 km 12:25 - - 3. Rõõmu tee TP 15 km 11:50 - - - - 4. Lohkva tee TP 20 km 12:35 - - - - 5. Ihaste TP 25 km 13:20 - - - - 6. Terminal Annelinna TP 30 km 14:15 - - 4,5 km
A. Mizuno Kaarsilla JP 32,6 km 14:30 12,2 km 12:40 6,5 km 15:20 7. Scult Supilinna TP 35 km 15:00 15 km 13:05 7,5 km 15:30 B. RC Cola Piiri JP 38,2 km 15:20 17,8 km 13:30 - - 8. Toomemäe TP 40 km 15:40 19 km 13:45 - - Finish 42,2 km 16:00 21,1 km 14:00 10 km 16:00
- The race course runs mainly thorough and nearby Tartu city. The course is marked. Using outside help for moving on and running with walking poles leads to disqualification. Disqualification can also be based on the video recordings of the race that will be looked through before publishing the official results.
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. Waste areas will be marked on the race course before and after every service point. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to road ditch or farther from the course, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Race roads are partly open to the traffic. Participants must follow the traffic signs and regulations from the traffic regulators. For safety reasons moving on the course by bicycle is forbidden (except for organizers). Cyclists must consider the regulations given by organizers and traffic regulators.
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Age limits. Participation on the distances of 42 km and 21 km is allowed to all athletes born in 2003 or earlier. Participation on the 10 km distance is allowed to all athletes born in 2006 or earlier. In special occasions younger athletes are allowed to participate with a parent’s permission and accompaniment.
Age groups of 42 km:
Women: N17 (birth years 2003-2001), N20 (2000-98), N21 (97-84), N35 (83-79), N40 (78-74), N45 (73-69), N50 (68-64), N55 (63-59), N60 (58-54), N65 (53-49), N70 (48 and earlier);
Men: M17 (2003-2001), M20 (2000-98), M21 (97-84), M35 (83-79), M40 (78-74), M45 (73-69), M50 (68-64), M55 (63-59), M60 (58-54), M65 (53-49), M70 (48-44), M75 (43-39), M80 (38 and earlier).
- Start groups.
Start group 42 km start numbers
21 km start numbers
10 km start numbers
Elite wave up to 3 h up to 1 h 30 min up to 40 min 1. group 3 h - 3 h 45 min 1 h 31 min - 1 h 45 min 41 min - 45 min 2. group 3 h 46 min - 4 h 20 min 1 h 46 min - 2 h 46 min - 50 min 3. group 4 h 21 min - 5 h 2 h - 3 h 51 min - 56 min 4. group 5 h - 6 h 30 min - 57 min - 1 h 5. group - - over 1 h nordic walking - - 5001-...
Everybody can choose the start group by their preliminary finish time.
- The start list with start numbers will be issued on the website 3 days prior to the race at the latest.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website: www.tartumaraton.ee until 05.10.2018 at 17.00;
- in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information: ph.: +372 7421 644) until 04.10.2018 at 17.00;
- in the race centre in the city centre of Tartu (Town Hall Square) on 05.10.2018 at 12:00-17:00
Info about registration to club or company competition is available HERE
- Entry fees.
Date 42 km 21 km 10 km run / nordic walking up to 07.09.2018 40 € 25 € 20 € 08.09.-28.09.2018 50 € 35 € 30 € 29.09.-05.10.2018 80 € 50€ 40 €
In case of 10 km distance, each participant must specify during registration the participation either in running or Nordic Walking!
There is 50% discount for participants aged 18 years and younger.
- In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 05.10.18 at 17.00, 50% of the paid registration fee will be transferred to the participant's account in the self service environment of Club Tartu Maraton as a credit which can be used to pay for the registration to next races in the Cube series.
- Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- up to 05.10.2018 in the self-service environment of the homepage
- in the race centre in the city centre of Tartu (Town Hall Square) on 05.10.2018 at 12:00-17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the day of the race.
- Re-registration in self-service environment is up to 28.10.18 free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid.
- Later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
- Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification!
- In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre at the Town Hall Square on 05.10.18 at 12:00-21:45 and on 06.10.18 starting at 7:30.
Cancellation of the Races
16.1. If the Races are cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
16.2. In case of cancelling due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to participants’ self service accounts as credit which can be used for the next entry fee payment in the Cube series. The credit is valid until the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu City Marathon.
16.2.1. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.16.2. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
16.2.2. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to their self service accounts are obliged to register to the event of their choice and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu City Marathon. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
16.2.3. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next events in the Tartu Maraton Cube series. This means that they cannot be refunded. People who were registered to the race by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. The 50% of fees paid will be transferred to the account of the representative of the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list (make a new group registration to the event of their choice) at the latest by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu City Marathon. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use the credit and no later complaints will be satisfied.
16.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
16.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure, expenditures made to third parties by the participants are not compensated by the organisers of the Races. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
16.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
- Start fee includes prepared & marked course; starting package; time keeping in case of correctly attached chip; result in the results list; service and catering in all TP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time and placing; medal; on 42 km a Finisher T-shirt, luggage storage; medical service if necessary; transport for abandoned athletes.
- Time keeping chip is attached to the backside of your start bib. It is not allowed to brake or fold the start bib as it might damage the chip. Start number has to be attached to the chest and it has to be visible throughout the whole distance. Transformation of the size and form of the start number is not allowed. You do not need to return the chip!
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area; on the website www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on the Monday following the event in newspaper Postimees.The official results will be issued on the Friday following the event by 17.00 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team in collaboration with Tartu Ambulance. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all TP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Things lost and found have to be given to TP chiefs, who transport the things to the secretariat. Owners can receive their lost things at the lost-and-found in the finish area or from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- Awards ceremony takes place in the finish area according to race programme.
- 6 first men and 6 first women will be awarded in 42 km running distances. 3 first men and 3 first women will be awarded in 21 km and 10 km running distances.
- There will be cups for 42 km distance there age-group winners. On the 21 and 10 km distances, age group winners will not be determined.
- The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube.
- Awarding of the best clubs and companies of the Tartu City Marathon takes place with final awarding of Tartu Maraton Cube. Location will be announced in the program.
- Cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received.
- The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present at the official award ceremony loses one’s right to the award.
- By enrolling to the Race, participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current race regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The participants of the Tartu City Marathon respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the IAAF are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organisations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
- The protests concerning the race results and breaking the Race Regulations etc must be brought up to Jury as follows: concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished; concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All written protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury.
The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until the Wednesday following the race at 17.00 to the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
- Other protest cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.