- The 6th Tartu City Marathon (hereinafter: Race) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters. Races are organized according to the Race Rules of the Estonian Athletic Association, current Race Regulations and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. Race is the final stage of Tartu Maraton Cube.
- The 6th Tartu City Marathon 42 km, 21 km, 10 km takes place on Saturday, October 7th 2017.
- 42,2 km (hereinafter 42 km) mass-start will be given at 9:30 at the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- 21,1 km (hereinafter 21 km) mass-start will be given at 11:00 at the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- 10 km run and Nordic Walking mass-start will be given at 14:00 in the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- For safety reasons it is not allowed to run with walking poles! The results are published separately for 10 km run and Nordic Walking.
- For the purpose of Tartu Maraton Cube results calculation, the results/times of the Nordic Walking are included in the results of the running distance of the same length.
- There are 8 service points (TP) and 2 drink stations (JP) on the 42 km course; 4 TP and 2 drink stations on 21 km course and 2 TP on the 10 km course.
- Time limits for passing 42 km is 6,5 hours, for 21 km 3 hours and for 10 km 2 hours.
Checkpoint distance 42 km distance 21 km distance 10 km 1. Ropkamõisa TP 5 km 10:15 5 km 11:45 - - 2. Terminal Annelinna TP 10 km 11:00 10 km 12:25 - - 3. Rõõmu tee TP 15 km 11:50 - - - - 4. Lohkva tee TP 20 km 12:35 - - - - 5. Ihaste TP 25 km 13:20 - - - - 6. Terminal Annelinna TP 30 km 14:15 - - 4,5 km
A. Mizuno Kaarsilla JP 32,6 km 14:30 12,2 km 12:40 6,5 km 15:20 7. Scult Supilinna TP 35 km 15:00 15 km 13:05 7,5 km 15:30 B. RC Cola Piiri JP 38,2 km 15:20 17,8 km 13:30 - - 8. Toomemäe TP 40 km 15:40 19 km 13:45 - - Finish 42,2 km 16:00 21,1 km 14:00 10 km 16:00
- The race course runs mainly thorough and nearby Tartu city. The course is marked. Using outside help for moving on and running with walking poles leads to disqualification. The disqualification also bases on the video recordings of the race that will be looked through before publishing the official results.
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Race roads are partly open to the traffic. Participants must follow the traffic signs and regulations from the traffic regulators. For safety reasons moving on the course by bicycle is forbidden (except for organizers). Cyclists must consider the regulations given by organizers and traffic regulators.
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Age limits. Age limit for 42 km and 21 km: Participation is allowed to all athletes born in 2002 or earlier. Age limit for 10 km: Participation is allowed to all athletes born in 2005 or earlier. In special occasions younger athletes are allowed to participate with a parent’s permission and a parent has to participate also.
Age groups of 42 km:
Women: N17 (birth years 2002-2000), N20 (1999-97), N21 (96-83), N35 (82-78), N40 (77-73), N45 (72-68), N50 (67- 63), N55 (62-58), N60 (57-53), N65 (52-48), N70 (47 and earlier);
Men: M17 (2002-2000), M20 (1999-97), M21 (96-83), M35 (82-78), M40 (77-73), M45 (72-68), M50 (67-63), M55 (62-58), M60 (57-53), M65 (52-48), M70 (47-43), M75 (42-38), M80 (37 and earlier).
- Start groups.
Start group 42 km start numbers
21 km start numbers
10 km start numbers
Elite wave up to 3h up to 1h30min up to 40min 1.group 3h - 3h45min 1h31min-1h45min 41min - 45min 2.group 3h46min-4h20min 1h46min-2h 46min - 50min 3.group 4h21min-5h 2h-3h 51min - 56min 4.group 5h-6h30min - 57min - 1h 5.group - - over 1h nordic walking - - 5001-...
Everybody can choose the start group by their preliminary finish time.
- The start list with start numbers will be issued on the website 3 days prior to the race at the latest.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website: www.tartumaraton.ee until 06.10.2017 at 17.00;
- in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information: ph.: +372 7421 644, fax: +372 7422 536) until the 05.10.2017 at 17.00;
- in the race centre in the city centre of Tartu (Town Hall Square) on 06.10.2017 at 12:00-17:00
Info about registration to club or company competition is available HERE
- Entry fees.
Date 42 km 21 km 10 km run / nordic walking up to 08.09.2017 40 € 25 € 20 € 09.09.-29.09.2017 50 € 35 € 30 € 30.09.-06.10.2017 80 € 50€ 40 €
In case of 10 km distance, each participant must specify during registration the participation either in running or Nordic Walking!
There is 50% discount for participants aged 18 years and younger.
- In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 06.10.17 at 17.00, 50% of the paid registration fee will be transferred to the participant's account in the self service environment of Club Tartu Maraton as a credit which can be used to pay for the registration to next races in the Cube series.
- Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- up to 06.10.2017 in the self-service environment of the homepage
- in the race centre in the city centre of Tartu (Town Hall Square) on 06.10.2017 at 12:00-17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the day of the race.
- Re-registration in self-service environment is up to 29.10.17 free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid.
- Later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
- Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification!
- In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre at the Town Hall Square on 06.10.17 at 12:00-19:00 and on 07.10.17 starting at 7:00.
Cancellation of the Races16.2. In case of cancelling the Races due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to next year’s Races’ registration fee.
16.1. If the Races are cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
16.2.1. The participant may transfer the above mentioned 50% of the participation fee paid by a private person to any other sport event organised by Club Tartu Maraton to be used to cover its participation fee.
16.2.2. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.16.2.1. and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
16.2.3. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to the next year’s Races are obliged to confirm their registration and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the first deadline of registration. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
16.2.4. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next year’s same Races fees. This means that they cannot be refunded or used to cover fees of other events of that year. People who were registered to the Races by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. For the following year 50% of fees paid will be transferred to next year’s event for the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Races. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
16.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
16.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of the Races. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
16.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
- Start fee includes prepared & marked course; starting package; time keeping in case of correctly attached chip; result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all TP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time and placing; medal; 42 km finisher's t-shirt, luggage storage; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned athletes.
- Time keeping chip is attached to the backside of your start bib. It is not allowed to brake or fold the start bib as it might damage the chip. Start number has to be attached to the chest and it has to be visible throughout the whole distance. Transformation of the size and form of the start number is not allowed. You do not need to return the chip!
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area; on the website www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on Monday 09.10.17 in newspaper Postimees.The official results will be issued on the 13.10.2017 by 17.00 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team in collaboration with Tartu Ambulance. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all TP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Things lost and found have to be given to TP chiefs, who transport the things to the secretariat. Owners can receive their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- Awards ceremony takes place in the finish area according to race programme.
- 6 first men and 6 first women will be awarded in 42 km running distances. 3 first men and 3 first women will be awarded in 21 km and 10 km running distances.
- There will be cups for 42 km distance there age-group winners. On the 21 and 10 km distances, age group winners will not be determined.
- The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube.
- Awarding of the best clubs and companies of the Tartu City Marathon takes place with final awarding of Tartu Maraton Cube. Location will be announced in program.
- The cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received.
- The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- By enrolling to the Race, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current race regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The participants of the Tartu City Marathon respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the IAAF are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organisations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
- The protests concerning the race results and breaking the Race Regulations etc must be brought up to Jury as follows: concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished; concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All written protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury.
The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until 11.10.2017 at 17.00 to the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
- Other protest cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.