- The 3rd Tartu City Marathon, Tartu City Run 2014 and the 3rd Tartu Student Marathon (hereinafter: Races) are organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters. Races are organized according to the Race Rules of the Estonian Athletic Association, current Race Regulations and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- The 3rd Tartu City Marathon 42km & 21km, Tartu City Run 2014 10km and 3rd Tartu Student Marathon 10km take place on Saturday, October 4th 2014.
- 42,2km (hereinafter 42km) mass-start will be given at 9.00 at the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- 21,1km (hereinafter 21km) mass-start will be given at 10.30 at the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- 10km run and Nordic Walking mass-start will be given at 13.30 in the centre of Tartu, Vabaduse Avenue. Finish is at the Town Hall Square.
- For safety reasons it is not allowed to run with walking poles! The results are published separately for 10km run and Nordic Walking.
- There are 8 service points (TP) on the 42 km course, 4 TP on 21km course and 2 TP on the 10km course.
- Time limits for passing 42km is 7 hours, for 21km 3,5 hours and for 10km 2,5 hours. Finish for all the distances are closed at 16.00.
Service point 42 km 21 km 10 km Ropkamõisa TP 5km 9:50 11:20 - Annelinna TP 10 km 10:40 12:10 - Rõõmu tee TP 15 km 11:30 - - Lohkva tee TP 20 km 12:20 - - Ihaste tee TP 25 km 13:10 - - Annelinna TP 30 / 4,5 km 14:00 - 14:30 Supilinna TP 35 / 15 / 7,5 km 14:50 12:50 15:00 Toomemäe TP 40 / 19 km 15:40 13:40 - Finish 16:00 14:00 16:00
- The race course runs mainly thorough and nearby Tartu city. The course is marked. Using outside help for moving on and running with walking poles leads to disqualification. The disqualification also bases on the video recordings of the race that will be looked through before publishing the official results.
- Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Race roads are partly open to the traffic. Participants must follow the traffic signs and regulations from the traffic regulators. For safety reasons moving on the course by bicycle is forbidden (except for organizers). Cyclists must consider the regulations given by organizers and traffic regulators.
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Age limits. Age limit for 42km and 21km: Participation is allowed to all athletes born in 1999 and earlier. Age limit for 10km: Participation is allowed to all athletes born in 2002 and earlier. In special occasions younger athletes are allowed to participate with a parent’s permission and a parent has to participate also.
Age limit for the Students' Marathon: Participation is allowed to all college/university students or college/university workers born in 1996 and earlier. During the registration the name of the college/university must be stated.
Age groups of 42km: Women: N17 (birth years 1999-97), N20 (96-94), N21 (93-80), N35 (79-75), N40 (74-70), N45 (69-65), N50 (64-60), N55 (59-55), N60 (54-50), N65 (49-45), N70 (44 and earlier);
Men: M17 (99-97), M20 (96-94), M21 (93-80), M35 (79-75), M40 (74-70), M45 (69-65), M50 (64-60), M55 (59-55), M60 (54-50), M65 (49-45), M70 (44-40), M75 (39-35), M80 (34 and earlier).
- Start groups.
Start group 42km start numbers
21km start numbers
10km start numbers
Students' start numbers
10 001- ...
Elite wave up to 3 h up to 1h20min up to 45min - 1.group 3 h - 3h45min 1h20min-1h30min 45min - 56min - 2.group 3h45min-4h20min 1h30min-1h40min over 57 min - 3.group 4h20min-5h 1h40min-2h - - 4.group 5h-6h 2h-3h - 10 001-... 5.group 6h-7h 3h-4h - - nordic walking - - 5001-... -
Everybody can choose the start group by their preliminary finish time.
- The start list with start numbers will be issued on the website on the 01.10.2014 at the latest.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website: www.tartumaraton.ee until 03.10.2014 17.00;
- in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information: ph.: +372 7421 644+372 7421 644, fax: +372 7422 536) until the 02.10.2014 17.00;
- in the race centre in the city centre of Tartu (Town Hall Square) on 03.10.2014 at 12:00-17:00;
- or at the shops of Hawaii Express all over Estonia until 03.10.2014.
- Entry fees.
Date 42 km 21 km 10 km run / nordic walking / students up to 05.09.2014 25 € 20 € 15 € 06.09.-26.09.2014 35 € 30 € 20 € 27.09.-03.10.2014 50 € 40€ 30 €
- In case of abandoning the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded. In case of illness, one can enrol to the same event next year with half price in case of presenting valid proof of illness by a doctor by 03.10.2014.
- If the race will be cancelled due to force majeure, the entry fee will not be refunded. Force majeure is an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the organizers, such as a war, strike, riot, fire, flooding, earthquake, hurricane, snow storm etc.).
- Re-registration (changing of the distance, number or name) takes place in the secretariat or by a written application to firstname.lastname@example.org until 03.10.2014 at 17.00. There will be no re-registration on the day of the race. Re-registration fee is 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances. Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification! In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 EUR replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre at the Town Hall Square on 03.10.14 at 12:00-19:00 and on 04.10.14 starting at 7.00.
- Start fee includes prepared & marked course; starting package; time keeping in case of correctly attached chip; result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time and placing; medal; luggage storage; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned athletes.
- Time keeping chip is attached to the backside of your start bib. It is not allowed to brake or fold the start bib as it might damage the chip. Start number has to be attached to the chest and it has to be visible throughout the whole distance. Transformation of the size and form of the start number is not allowed. You do not need to return the chip!
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area and on the website www.tartumaraton.ee. The official results will be issued on the 09.10.2014 by 17.00 on the website www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team in collaboration with Tartu Ambulance. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Things lost and found have to be given to SP chiefs, who transport the things to the secretariat. Owners can receive their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- Awarding ceremony takes place in the finish area at 14.30.
- 6 first men and 6 first women will be awarded in City Marathon 42 / 21 km and in City Run 10 km (exept the Tartu Student Marathon).
- There will be special prizes, raffle prizes and cups, for 42 km distance there age-group winners will also be awarded. On the 10 km distances, age group winners will not be determined.
- Awarding of the best clubs and companies of the Tartu City Marathon and the best Universities of the Tartu Student Run takes place on October 4th in Club Atlantis (Narva Str 2, Tartu) at 22:00.
- The cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received.
- The income tax (21% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- By enrolling to the Tartu City Marathon, Tartu City Runa and Student Marathon, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current race regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The protests concerning the race results and breaking the Race Regulations etc must be brought up to Jury as follows: concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished; concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. All written protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury.
The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until 07.10.2014 at 17.00 to the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton.
- Other protest cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.