- 39. Tartu Maastikumaraton (Tartu Forest Marathon, hereinafter MM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters. MM will be organized according to the Race Rules of the Estonian Athletic Association, current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. MM is the second stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2021.
- 39. Tartu Maastikumaraton takes place on 9th of May 2021.
- 42,2 km (hereinafter 42 km) mass-start will be given at 9:30 from the Tehvandi Ski Stadium, in Otepää.
- 24,1 km (hereinafter 24 km) mass-start will be given at 11:00 from the Tehvandi Ski Stadium, in Otepää.
- 42 and 24 km timing starts with the gunshot.
- 10 km mass-start will be given at 13:00 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, in Elva.
- 10 km mass-start for Nordic Walking will be given at 13:15 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, in Elva.
- 5 km mass-start will be given at 13:30 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, Elva.
- 10 km and 5 km timing starts at the timing line (100 m after the startline).
- 24 km walking, 10 km and 5 km distances are not competitive and there is no prize-giving, but all the results will be valid for Tartu Maraton Cube overall ranking.
- Finish of all races is in Elva, at Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus. Finish will be closed at 16:30.
- Walkers are welcome to participate in 24, 10 and 5 km distances. Walking poles are not mandatory. For safety reasons it is not allowed to run while using walking poles and walkers with poles will start as a separate start group.
- Finish times of runners and walkers will be listed in the same result list for each distance. Also for the purpose of Tartu Maraton Cube results calculation, the results/times of walkers are included in the results of the running distances of the same length.
- Timing points and service stations. There are 7 service points (SP) on the 42 km distance: 1. GMP Pühajärve 4,8 km, 2. Kannistiku 10,4 km, 3. Mägestiku 16,6 km, 4. Vana Palu 22,5 km, 5. Paluveski 29,6 km, 6. Salomoni Ketneri 34,5 km, 7. RC Cola Sassi 38,5 km. Timekeeping takes place in Kannistiku, Paluveski, Ketneri and Sassi SP's and at half-marathon point. On the 24 km distance timekeeping takes place at 4 SP-s and half-marathon point: 1. Kirikuküla 5,6 km, 2. Paluveski 11,5 km, 3. Salomoni Ketneri 16,4 km, 4. RC Cola Sassi 20,4 km. There are 2 SP-s on the 10 km track (Illi 2,8 km, Sassi 6,1 km).
- Time limits of passing service points on 42/24 km:
Check point Distance Distance Control time Pühajärve GMP Clubhotel 4,8 km - 10:15 Kannistiku 10,4 km - 11:10 Mägestiku 16,6 km - 12:05 Vana Palu 22,5 km - 13:00 Kirikuküla - 5,6 km 12:15 Paluveski 29,9 km 11,8 km 14:30 Salomoni Ketneri 34,5 km 16,5 km 15:15 RC Cola Sassi 38,4 km 20,4 km 15:50 Finish 42,6 km 24,3 km 16:30
Participants who do not pass the SP by the control time, will be disqualified and transported to the finish by bus.
- Competing under a wrong name and/or start number, using more than one time keeping chip, using outside help for moving on, and running with walking poles lead to disqualification. The disqualification can also be based on the photo or video recordings of the race that will be watched through before publishing official results. The Race Director and Race Secretary have the right to make evidence-based disqualifying decisions also after the publication of official results.
- The race course is marked and runs mainly on the gravel and forest roads and partially on asphalt roads.
Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Race roads are partially open to traffic. Participants must follow the traffic signs and regulations from the traffic regulators. Moving on the course by bicycle is forbidden (except organizers) because of runners’ safety. Cyclists must consider the regulations given by organizers and traffic regulators.
- Everyone will participate at their own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Age groups.
Age limit: all athletes born in 2006 (10 and 5 km 2009) or earlier are allowed to participate. In special occasions younger athletes are allowed to participate with trainer’s or parents' written permission.
Age groups of 42 and 24 km run:
Women: N17 (year of birth 2006-04), N20 (03-01), N21 (2000-1987), N35 (86-82), N40 (81-77), N45 (76-72), N50 (71- 67), N55 (66-62), N60 (61-57), N65 (56-52), N70 (51 or earlier);
Men: M17 (2006-04), M20 (03-01), M21 (2000-1987), M35 (86-82), M40 (81-77), M45 (76-72), M50 (71-67), M55 (66-62), M60 (61-57), M65 (56-52), M70 (51-47), M75 (46-42), M80 (41 or earlier).
- Start groups. Everybody can choose a start group (except elite group) by their preliminary finish time.
24 km finishing time
start numbers - ...
10 km finishing time
start numbers 8001 - ...
less than 3 h
less than 1 h 45 min
less than 4 h
1 h 46 min - 2 h
less than 45 min
over 4 h
2 h 1 min - 2 h 15 min
46 min - 55 min
2 h 16 min - 2 h 30 min
56 min - 1 h 5 min
- over 2 h 30 min over 1 h 6 min
1st Nordic Walking
less than 1 h 30 min
2nd Nordic Walking
over 1 h 31 min
- Elite group in 42 km and 24 km is composed of places 1-10 in the ranking list of the last year by Estonian Athletic Association + the top 100 from the last Tartu Maastikumaraton.
Only until the end of the second round of registrations, the results of the last Tartu Maastikumaraton (coef 1) or (in case of no result in that year) the year before that (coef 1,2) will be taken into consideration in giving the start numbers.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 07.05.21 at 17:00,
- in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, phone.: +372 7421 644) up to 07.05.21 at 17:00,
- in the race centre in the Lõunakeskus shopping mall (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 08.05.2021 at 10:00-17:00
- Info about registration to club or company competition is available HERE
- Loyal participants with more than 20 participations will get specially designed “ambassador” start numbers if registration is completed during the first registration wave. More info about the participation awards HERE
- Entry fees.
42 km run
24 km run/walk
10 km run/walk
5 km run/walk
up to 9.04.2021
- In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 08.05.21 at 17:00, 50% of the paid registration fee will be transferred to the participant's account in the self service environment of Club Tartu Maraton as a credit which can be used when paying for the registration to next races in the Cube series. The credit is valid for 1 year.
- Re-registration is the alteration of participant’s name or race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 07.05.21 at 17:00,
- in the race centre in the Lõunakeskus shopping mall (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 08.05.2021 at 10:00-17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the day of the race
Re-registration in self-service environment is up to 30.04.21 free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid; later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
Participants starting under a false name shall be disqualified. In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 € replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place:
* in the race centre in the Lõunakeskus shopping mall (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 08.05.2021 at 10:00-19:00
* at the start areas on the day of the race starting 1,5 hours before the start.
Cancellation of the event1.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
16.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
16.2. In case of cancelling event due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to participants’ self service accounts as credit which can be used for the next entry fee payment in the Cube series. The credit is valid until the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Maastikumaraton.
16.2.1. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.16.2 and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (email@example.com).
16.2.2. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to their self service accounts are obliged to register to the event of their choice and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Maastikumaraton. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
16.2.3. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next events in the Tartu Maraton Cube series. This means that they cannot be refunded. People who were registered to event by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. The 50% of fees paid will be transferred to the account of the representative of the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list (make a new group registration to the event of their choice) at the latest by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Maastikumaraton. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
16.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
16.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Maastikumaraton. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
- Start fee includes: prepared & marked course; participant information; luggage sticker; time keeping in case of correctly attached chip; result in the results list (on shorter distances in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name and finish time (with placing on 42 km and 24 km run only); medal for finishers; transport of luggage from start to finish on 42 km and 24 km; luggage hold; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned athletes; gold and silver pins according to the statute.
- Time keeping. Time keeping chip is attached to the backside of your start bib. You do not need to return the chip! It is not allowed to cut or fold the start bib as it might damage the chip. Bib has to be correctly placed to the participant's breast!
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area, on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on the Monday after the race in newspaper Postimees. The official results will be issued next Friday after the race at 17:00 on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee.
- Transportation. Organizers recommend using special shuttle buses for transport from Tartu and the finish car park in Elva to the start location on the morning of the race day. A seat in a bus heading to the start locations is guaranteed only if a ticket is bought from pre-sale. After the race, special shuttle buses are available for travelling from the finish car park to Tartu and the start car parks. The special shuttle buses are available for a fee of 4 €, if purchased from pre-sale, and 6 € on the race day.. The bus schedules and ticket information of the shuttle buses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Parking in Otepää is free of charge; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill. Parking in the finish car park (Elva-Hellenurme 2 km) costs 5 € when purchased from pre-sale, and 10 € on the marathon day. Parking is free of charge for buses with more than 10 seats.
- Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team. The medical workers on bicycles will follow the race all the way with a Red Cross on their backs. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all TP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Awards ceremony
- 6 first men and women of the 42 km; 6 first men and women of the 24 km will be awarded with cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 13:30.
- There will be cups for age group winners of the 42 km and 24 km run. These prizes will be issued on the basis of start number or ID.
- The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube. The cups are handed over at the prize-giving ceremony of the next event of Cube (Tartu Rattaralli) in accordance to the time schedule indicated in the program of the event. Information about free entries will be sent directly to the e-mail of the representative of the club or company.
- The cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Things lost and found must be handed over to secretariat at the start area and to SP chiefs on the course. Later the things will be transported to the lost & found desk at the finish area. Owners can get their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The participants of the Tartu Maastikumaraton respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the IAAF are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organisations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all participants.
- The protests concerning the race results and breaking the Race Regulations etc must be brought up to Jury as follows: concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished; concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until next Wednesday after the race, at 17:00 with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton. All written protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury.
- Other protest cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.