Virtual race useful information
Before participating in the virtual run, read the information below.
Virtual race period: April 1st - May 16th.
Distances: 42, 24, 10, 5 km and marathon combo
How to take part?
- Choose the virtual distance and sign up. Registration is open up to May 16th. Please note, that you may change the distance very easily and for free in our self-service until the end of the race period.
- In case you would like to run 42km, but not in one go, choose marathon combo and cover the distance in shorter sections. Each stage has to be at least 4,2 km.
- Download and print the start number (PDF).
- Choose the most suitable track close to your home and cover the selected distance during the event period. If possible, avoid asphalt roads. If you are located in Estonia, you are also welcome to the official Tartu Forest Marathon track.
- The virtual run is not a competition. Choose a comfortable speed for your run or walk. Results of runners and walkers of the same distance will be published together. Use of car, bicycle or other vehicles is not allowed.
- Record the log with your device (sport watch, smartphone). It is important, that you fix the length of the distance, time and if possible, also the date. Complete the distance in one go, unless you have chosen a marathon combo.
- Most common sports watches/web application:
Garmin, Polar, Suunto (android), Suunto (iOS), Strava, Fitbit, Apple Watch, MapMyRun.
- Upload your result in the participant list latest on May 16th. You will find technical explanations on the upload page. In case your device does not have a direct data sharing function, you may also insert the results manually. Just make a photo/screenshot of your log and add this as a proof. In the case of the marathon combo, upload each part separately, the system sums up the distance covered.
- After uploading the results, your virtual diploma will be ready for downloading!
- Medal will arrive to you by post, make sure you insert the correct home address while uploading the race result!
- Share your virtual marathon experiences also on Facebook and Instagram! While posting, tag us in the post and use #tartumaraton. This allows us to find your posts and share them also with other sports friends.
- Tartu Forest Marathon is also part of the new challenge: Worldloppet Virtual Racing League. However, please note that only 1 race per organiser counts for one Virtual Racer title.
See the virtual race regulations here!