Before participating in the virtual run, read the information below.
Because of the global COVID-19 pandemic and emergency situation declared in Estonia, 38. Tartu Forest Marathon will be held as a virtual run!
NB! In everyday activities and also when participating in the virtual run, please adhere to the restrictions and directions of your local government and health authorities!
38. Tartu Forest Marathon virtual run will take place from May 1st until May 17th 2020. Choose your day of preference in this time period.
The virtual run has four distances, just as the regular Tartu Forest Marathon: 42, 24, 10, and 5 km.
Run or walk your chosen distance in a location of your preference. If possible, avoid asphalt roads. If you are located in Estonia, the official Tartu Forest Marathon tracks are also available and marked during May 1.-17.
Complete the distance in one go. Use your own device (sport watch, smartphone) with appropriate software to keep a record of your run. If you stop for any reason during your distance, do not stop the time-keeping on your device.
- Make sure your sports watch/smart device is fully charged before the run.
- Make sure GPS coordinates save function is turned on.
- NB! The AUTOSTOP function of the sports watches must be switched off (timing stopped if you stand for more than 2 seconds).
- If you also want to save the warm-up, be sure to save the race distance in a new file and only upload the race file into the results.
- Make sure your running/walking is at least as long as the distance you signed up for.
The virtual run is not a competition. Choose a comfortable speed for your run or walk. Results of runners and walkers of the same distance will be published together. Use of car, bicycle or other vehicles is not allowed.
Registration takes place on our website until May 17th 2020 at 23.59. Entry fee for 42/24 km is 20 €, for 10/5 km 15 €. It is possible to change your chosen distance free of charge until the same time. Only when changing distance from shorter to longer, the entry fee difference of 5 € has to be paid.
Start bib can be downloaded and printed out here: (PDF, 854 Kb).
To get an official result, send your log file (suitable files: .fit, .gpx, .tcx, .pwx) by clicking on your name in the participant list until May 17th. We will check your result and publish it.
Finishers of the virtual run will get a medal and an electronic diploma of 38. Tartu Forest Marathon. Shipping of the medal outside Estonia is available for additional fee (has to be chosen during registration). Make sure you have your correct postal address in our system.
The virtual run will be the first stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2020 series. Also the participation will count towards multiple participation awards (silver and gold pins).
Those who were registered to the 38. Tartu Forest Marathon before we had to change it to the virtual run, will be automatically listed as participants in the virtual run. More info about that in the FAQ.