- 35. Tartu Jooksumaraton (JM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters. JM will be organized according to the Race Rules of the Estonian Athletic Association, current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton. JM is the second stage of Tartu Maraton Cube 2017.
- 35. Tartu Jooksumaraton takes place on 7th of May 2017.
- 23,3 km (hereinafter 23 km) mass-start for running and Nordic Walking will be given at 11:00 from the Tehvandi Ski Stadium, in Otepää.
23 km Nordic Walking participants will start from last start group after the runners.
23 km timing starts with the gunshot.
10 km mass-start for running will be given at 13:00 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, in Elva.
10 km mass-start for Nordic Walking will be given at 13:15 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, in Elva.
10 km timing starts at the timing line (100 m after the startline).
5 km mass-start for running and Nordic Walking will be given at 13:30 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, Elva.
23 km NW, 10 km and 5 km distances are not competitive and there is no prize-giving, but the results of 23 and 10 km will be valid for Tartu Maraton Cube overall ranking.
Finish of all races is in Elva, at Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus. Finish will be closed at 16:00.
- Each participant must specify during registration the participation either in running or Nordic Walking
- It is not allowed to use walking poles at the running races.
- For safety reasons it is not allowed to run with walking poles at the walking races!
- There will be separate result lists for runners and walkers of both distances.
- For the purpose of Tartu Maraton Cube results calculation, the results/times of the Nordic Walking are included in the results of the running distances of the same length.
- Timing points and service stations. There is 1 sprint (5,3 km) and 4 service points (SP) on the 23 km track (1182 / Kirikuküla – 5,3 km, Paluveski - 11 km, Salomon / Ketneri – 15,6 km, RC Cola / Sassi -19,6 km); and 2 SP-s on the 10 km track (Illi – 2,8 km, Sassi – 6,1 km). The split times are taken at all service points and at Salomon / half-marathon marker.
- Time limits of passing service points on 23 km:
Check point Distance Control time 1. 1182 / Kirikuküla SP 5,3 km 12:15 2. Paluveski SP 11 km 13:45 3. Salomon / Ketneri SP 15,6 km 15:00 4. RC Cola / Sassi SP 19,5 km 15:45 Finish 23,3 km 16:00
- Competing under a wrong name and/or start number, using more than one time keeping chip, using outside help for moving on, and running with walking poles lead to disqualification. The disqualification also bases on the photo or video recordings of the race that will be watched through before publishing official results. The Race Director and Race Secretary have the right to make evidence-based disqualifying decisions also after the publication of official result (12.05.2017).
- The race course is marked and runs mainly on the gravel and forest roads and partially on asphalt roads.
Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Race roads are partially open to the traffic. Participants must follow the traffic signs and regulations from the traffic regulators. Moving on the course by bicycle is forbidden (except organizers) because of runners’ safety. Cyclists must consider the regulations given by organizers and traffic regulators.
- Everyone will participate at own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Age groups.
Age limit: all athletes born in 2002 (10 and 5 km 2005) or earlier are allowed to participate. In special occasions younger athletes are allowed to participate with trainer’s or parents' written permission.
Age groups of 23 km run:
Women: N17 (birth years 2002-2000), N20 (99-97), N21 (96-83), N35 (82-78), N40 (77-73), N45 (72-68), N50 (67- 63), N55 (62-58), N60 (57-53), N65 (52-48), N70 (47 and earlier);
Men: M17 (2002-2000), M20 (99-97), M21 (96-83), M35 (82-78), M40 (77-73), M45 (72-68), M50 (67-63), M55 (62-58), M60 (57-53), M65 (52-48), M70 (47-43), M75 (42-38), M80 (37 and earlier).
- Start groups. Everybody can choose the start group by their preliminary finish time, except Elite group.
23 km finishing time
start numbers 1 - ...
10 km finishing time
start numbers 8001 - ...
less than 1 h 45 min
less than 45 min
1 h 46 min - 2 h
46 min - 55 min
2 h 1 min - 2 h 10 min
56 min - 1 h 5 min
2 h 11 min - 2 h 25 min
over 1 h 6 min
over 2 h 26 min
1st Nordic Walking
less than 1 h 30 min
1st Nordic Walking
over 1 h 31 min
- Elite group is composed of 1-10 by Estonian Athletic Association running standing list of the last year + the top 100 from the last year`s Tartu Jooksumaraton.
Only until the end of the second round of registrations, the results of the last year’s Tartu Jooksumaraton (coef 1) or (in case of no result in that year) the year before that (coef 1,2) will be taken into consideration in giving the start numbers.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 05.05.17 at 17:00,
- in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information: ph.: +372 7421 644) up to 04.05.17 at 17:00,
- in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 05.05.17 at 12:00-19:00 and on 06.05.2017 at 10:00-17:00
- Info about registration to club or company competition is available HERE
- Loyal participants with more than 20 participations will get specially designed “ambassador” start numbers if registration is completed during the first registration wave. More info about the participation awards HERE
- Entry fees.
23 km / 23 km nordic walikng
10 km / 10 km nordic walking
5 km / 5 km nordic walking
up to 7.04.2017
- In case the right of participation is waived, the participation fee is not refunded, but by submitting a doctor's note by 6.05.17 at 17:00, 50% of the paid registration fee will be transferred to the participant's account in the self service environment of Club Tartu Maraton as a credit which can be used when pay for the registration to next races in the Cube series. The credit is valid for 1 year.
- Re-registration is the alteration of the participant’s name or the race distance. Re-registration is possible:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee up to 05.05.17 at 17:00,
- in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 5.05.2017 at 12:00-19:00 and on 6.05.2017 at 10:00-17:00.
- There will be no re-registration on the day of the race
Re-registration in self-service environment is up to 28.04.17 free of charge, only difference of the participation fees of distances (swapping the shorter distance for the longer distance) must be paid; later all re-registrations will cost 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances.
Participants starting under a false name shall be disqualified. In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10€ replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place:
* in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 5.05.2017 at 12:00-19:00, on 6.05.2017 at 10:00-19:00
* at the start areas on the day of the race starting 1,5 hours before the start.
Cancellation of the event1.5. If the parties cannot find an agreement the discords shall be solved in accordance with the Estonian laws in the Tartu county court.
16.1. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure the participation fees shall be refunded in accordance with the current regulations and rights of the organiser which state that the organiser may deduce the sum used for already made arrangements.
16.2. In case of cancelling event due to force majeure with an announcement of the cancellation 72 hours beforehand, 50% of participation fees will be transferred to participants’ self service accounts as credit which can be used for the next entry fee payment in the Cube series. The credit is valid until the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Jooksumaraton.
16.2.1. If the participant does not wish to use the transfer possibilities mentioned under p.16.2 and wishes to be refunded the 50% of the participation fee, he/she is obliged to present Club Tartu Maraton with a proper application in the course of 1 month after the cancelled event’s date. This must be done by post (Laulupeo pst. 25, 51007 Tartu) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
16.2.2. All private persons whose 50% of participation fees will be transferred to their self service accounts are obliged to register to the event of their choice and pay the rest of the participation fee by the end of the 1st registration period of the next Tartu Jooksumaraton. After the named date no more payments or complaints will be accepted or satisfied.
16.2.3. Participation fees paid by legal entities (enterprises, clubs, etc.) are only to be transferred to next events in the Tartu Maraton Cube series. This means that they cannot be refunded. People who were registered to event by a given enterprise will not be automatically transferred. The 50% of fees paid will be transferred to the account of the representative of the given legal entity. The representative of the enterprise is obliged to renew the registration list (make a new group registration to the event of their choice) at the latest by the end of the first deadline of registration for the following year’s Tartu Jooksumaraton. After this deadline it is no longer possible to use last year’s participation fees and no later complaints will be satisfied.
16.3. A force majeure is considered to be any unpredictable event that the organiser has no control over. The organiser cannot change its time or way of occurrence, control it or stop it from happening (e.g. war, rebellion, strike, fire, flood, earthquake, (snow)storm, downpour or any other act of nature, etc.)
16.4. If the event is cancelled due to a force majeure no expenditures made to third parties by the participants are to be compensated by the organisers of Tartu Jooksumaraton. We advise participants from abroad to purchase a travel insurance that would cover the expenses caused by the cancellation of the event.
- Start fee includes: prepared & marked course; starting package; time keeping in case of correctly attached chip; result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time and placing (on 23 km run only); medal; transport of luggage from start to finish on 23 km; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned athletes; gold and silver pins according to the statute.
- Time keeping. Time keeping chip is attached to the backside of your start bib. You do not need to return the chip! It is not allowed to cut or fold the start bib as it might damage the chip. Bib has to be correctly placed to the participant's breast!
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area, on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee and will be also issued on Monday 08.05.17 in newspaper Postimees. The official results will be issued next Friday after the race at 17:00 on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee and in Club Tartu Maraton.
- Transportation. The organizers recommend using special shuttle buses for transport from Tartu and the finish car park in Elva to the start location on the morning of the race day. The tickets for buses heading to the start locations are only available from pre-sale. After the race, special shuttle buses are available for travelling from the finish car park to Tartu and the start car parks. The special shuttle buses are available for a fee of 4 €, if purchased from pre-sale, and 6 € on the race day. The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the Race Centre. The bus schedules of the shuttle buses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Parking in Otepää is free of charge; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill. Parking in the finish car park (Elva-Hellenurme 2 km) costs 5 € when purchased from pre-sale, and 10 € on the marathon day. For buses with more than 10 seats it is free of charge.
- Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team. The medical workers on bicycles will follow the race all the way with a Red Cross on their backs. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all TP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- Awards ceremony
- Sprint winner, 12 first men and 6 women of the 23 km will be awarded with medals, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 13:45.
- There will be special prizes and cups for age group winners of the 23 km run. These prizes will be issued on the basis of start number or ID.
- The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded with cups and free entries to the next event of the Tartu Maraton Cube. The cups are handed over at the prize-giving ceremony of the next event of Cube (Tartu Rattaralli) in accordance to the time Schedule indicated in the program of the event. Information about free entries will be sent directly to the e-mail of representative of the club or company.
- New course record (for both men and women) adds every year in 200 € to prize money. The records currently stand at 1:13:30 for men (from 2016) and 1:31:23 for women (from 2016). If the records remain, the prize money will be added to the fund of the next Tartu Jooksumaraton.
- The cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (20% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Things lost and found must be handed over to secretariat at the start area and on the course to SP chiefs. Later the things will be transported to the lost & found desk at the finish area. Owners can get their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The participants of the Tartu Jooksumaraton respect clean and honest sports. The anti-doping rules of the IAAF are fully implemented in the event, and due to this, the Estonian Anti-Doping Agency (www.antidoping.ee) and other anti-doping organisations have got the right to carry out doping tests among all of the participants.
- The protests concerning the race results and breaking the Race Regulations etc must be brought up to Jury as follows: concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished; concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until next Wednesday after the race, at 17:00 with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton. All written protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury.
- Other protest cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.