- SEB Tartu Jooksumaraton (JM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters. JM will be organized according to the Race Rules of the Estonian Athletic Association, current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
- SEB Tartu Jooksumaraton takes place on 11th of May 2014.
- 23,4 km (hereinafter 23 km) mass-start for running and Nordic Walking will be given at 11:00 from the Tehvandi Ski Stadium, in Otepää.
- 23 km Nordic Walking is not a competition; the results will be published in alphabetical order, without ranking. The participants will start from last startgroup after the runners.
- 10 km mass-start for running will be given at 13:00 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, in Elva.
- 10 km mass-start for Nordic Walking will be given at 13:15 from Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus, in Elva.
- 10 km distances are not the competitions. The results of 10 km running and Nordic Walking will be published in alphabetical order, without ranking.
- Finish of all races is in Elva, at Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus. Finish will be closed at 16:30.
- Each participant must specify during registration the participation either in running or Nordic Walking
- It is not allowed to use walking poles at the running races.
- For safety reasons it is not allowed to run with walking poles at the walking races!
- There will be separate result lists for runners and walkers of both distances.
- Sprints. There are 2 sprints (5,3 km and 19,6 km) and 4 service points (SP) on the 23 km track (Kirikuküla – 5,3 km, Paluveski - 11 km, Ketneri – 15,6 km, Sassi -19,6 km); and 2 SP-s on the 10 km track (Illi – 2,8 km, Sassi – 6,1 km). The split times are taken at all service points and at half-marathon marker.
- Control times of SP’s: 1. Kirikuküla SP (5,3 km) at 12.15, 2. Paluveski SP (11 km) at 13.45, 3. Ketneri SP (15,6 km) at 15.00, 4. Sassi SP (19,6 km) at 15.45.
Participants who do not pass the SP in the control time, will be disqualified and transported to the finish by bus. Using outside help for moving on and running with walking poles lead to disqualification. The disqualification also bases on the video recordings of the race that will be watched through before publishing official results.
- The race course is marked and runs mainly on the gravel and forest roads and partially on asphalt roads.
Waste areas for keeping our environment clean. There will be marked waste areas on the race course before and after every service point. Please dispose your waste (drink bottles, gel tubes etc.) next to the course, do not throw it to the forest or road ditch, where it is hard to find for cleaning crew after the event. It is prohibited to litter outside of waste areas! Organizers and commissaries have the right to disqualify or fine the violators. Disqualification can also be based on photo or video recordings.
- Race roads are partially open to the traffic. Participants must follow the traffic signs and regulations from the traffic regulators. Moving on the course by bicycle is forbidden (except organizers) because of runners’ safety. Cyclists must consider the regulations given by organizers and traffic regulators.
- Everyone will participate at own responsibility! It is advisable to have an accident and/or health insurance. Organizers are not liable for participants’ health problems or damaged/lost personal belongings.
- Age groups.
Age limit: all athletes born in 1999 (10 km 2002) or earlier are allowed to participate. In special occasions younger athletes are allowed to participate with trainer’s or parents' written permission.
Age groups of 23 km run:
Women: N17 (birth years 1999-97), N20 (96-94), N21 (93-80), N35 (79-75), N40 (74-70), N45 (69-65), N50 (64-60), N55 (59-55), N60 (54-50), N65 (49-45), N70 (44 and earlier);
Men: M17 (99-97), M20 (96-94), M21 (93-80), M35 (79-75), M40 (74-70), M45 (69-65), M50 (64-60), M55 (59-55), M60 (54-50), M65 (49-45), M70 (44-40), M75 (39-35), M80 (34 and earlier).
- Start groups.
23 km start numbers
10 km start numbers
- Organizers does not quarantee startnumber at the same startgroup as the previous result.
- The result of Tartu Jooksumaraton same distance has priority.
- Elite group is composed of 1-10 by Estonian Athletic Association running standing list of the last year + the top 100 from the last year`s Tartu Jooksumaraton.Athletes, who have not participated last two years, will get start numbers to the last start groups in the order of the registration.
- NB! Starting from a wrong group will lead to disqualification! The participant must enter the start gate according to his/her start number. Participants, who start in an earlier start corridor than their start number would allow them to, are disqualified. Exceptions are made for participants that wish to start in a later start group.
- The start list by start groups will be issued on the website within one week of the first round of registrations, the start list by start numbers will be issued on the website three days before the race.
- Registration takes place:
- on Club Tartu Maraton’s website at http://www.tartumaraton.ee (up to 09.05.14 at 17:00),
- in the office of Club Tartu Maraton (Laulupeo Ave 25, Tartu, information: ph.: +372 7421 644, fax: +372 7422 536),
- in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 9.05.2014 at 12:00-19:00 and on 10.05.2014 at 10:00-17:00,
- in the shops of Hawaii Express all over Estonia up to the closing times on the 09.05.14.
- Entry fees.
23 km/ 23 km nordic walikng
10 km/ 10 km nordic wlking
up to 11.04.2014
- In case of waiving the right to participate, the entry fee will not be refunded.
- If the race will be cancelled due to force majeure, the entry fee will not be refunded. Force majeure is an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the organizers, such as a war, strike, riot, fire, flooding, earthquake, hurricane, snow storm etc.).
- Re-registration (changing of the distance, number or name) can take place only in the secretariat or by a written application to email@example.com until 17:00 PM on 10.05.14. There will be no re-registration on the day of the race. Re- registration fee is 10 € + difference of the participation fees of distances. Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification! In case of a lost / left behind start number, a 10 EUR replacement fee must be paid.
- Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre at the Lõunakeskus skating rink (Ringtee 75, Tartu) on 9.05.2014 at 12:00-19:00, on 10.05.2014 at 10:00-19:00 and in the start areas on the day of the race 1,5 hours before the start.
- Start fee includes: prepared & marked course; starting package; time keeping in case of correctly attached chip; result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time and placing (on 23 km run only); medal; transport of luggage from start to finish; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned athletes; gold and silver pins according to the statute.
- Time keeping. Time keeping chip is attached to the backside of your start bib. You do not need to return the chip! It is not allowed to brake or fold the start bib as it might damage the chip. Bib has to be corecctly placed to the participant's breast!
- Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area and on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee. The official results will be issued next Friday after the race at 17:00 PM on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee and in Club Tartu Maraton.
- Transportation. The organizers recommend using special shuttle buses for transport from Tartu and the finish car park in Elva to the start location on the morning of the race day. The tickets for buses heading to the start locations are only available from pre-sale. After the race, special shuttle buses are available for travelling from the finish car park to Tartu and the start car parks. The special shuttle buses are available for a fee of 4 €, if purchased from pre-sale, and 5 € on the race day. The pre-sale of bus tickets is performed at the Race Centre. The bus schedules of the shuttle buses are published on the Club’s website by no later than 2 weeks prior to the race.
- Parking in Otepää is free of charge; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill. Parking in Elva is paid (5€), for buses with more than 10 seats it is free of charge.
- Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team. The medical workers on bicycles will follow the race all the way with a Red Cross on their backs. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
- 12 first men and 6 women of the 23 km will be awarded with medals, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 13:30 AM.
- There will be special prizes and cups for age group winners of the 23 km.
- The top three teams in the clubs' / companies' standings are awarded.
- New course record (for both men and women) adds every year in 200 € to prize money. The records currently stand at 1:16:11 for men (from 2011) and 1:23:06 for women (from 2010). If the records remain, the prize money (400 € or 600 €) will be added to the fund of the next SEB Tartu Jooksumaraton.
- The cash prizes will be transferred to the winners` bank accounts after the official result lists have been validated and the results of any doping tests have been received. The income tax (21% of the award sum) is withheld from all of the cash awards, in accordance with the Estonian legislation.
- An athlete who is not present in the official award ceremony loses one’s right to an award.
- Things lost and found must be handed over to secretariat at the start area and on the course to SP chiefs. Later the things will be transported to the lost & found desk at the finish area. Owners can get their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
- With making the entry, the participant confirms the willingness to abide by the current Race Regulations and gives the permission to use the shot photo and video material for the promotion of the event.
- The protests concerning the race results and breaking the Race Regulations etc must be brought up to Jury as follows: concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished; concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish.
The cost of the protest (except of these concerning results) is 40 €, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until next Wednesday after the race, 17:00 PM with the Race Office at Club Tartu Maraton. All written protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury.
- Other protest cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.