1) Are the children’s events available for registration only through the internet?
The organizer recommends to register for children's events through the internet, but registration can also be performed at the start locations of the children’s events. The registration is opened an hour before the first start. Online registration is open on the race week from Monday to Thursday evening at 17:00.
A day before the children’s events are held, registrations for the children's events can also be made at the race headquarters (please see the main event program for the time and place).
2) How do I register my child online?
To register a child, you need to create an user account. Once you have created the account, please log in, then select SELF SERVICE, and CHILDREN from the left menu. Please fill out the corresponding registration form to register a child/children. If the registration of the child succeeded, then an automatic confirmation shall be sent to your email address, and the names can be checked from the participants list of the corresponding event.
NB! A major advantage of online registration is that the child(ren)’s information is saved under your account, and there is no need to input this information individually.
3) How much does it cost?
The participation in the children’s events is free of charge.
4) Will children also receive a start number?
All registered children get a start number and a raffle ticket. For those, who have registered online, the ticket is already previously filled out. The pre-registered parties can take out their start numbers from the race headquarters on Friday, or from the start location in the morning of the children’s event.
5) How much earlier should I be at the location?
We advise to come to the start location at least half an hour before the child’s start.
6) Can my child start with older or younger participants?
In the program of the children’s events, each start of an age group also specifies the length of the distance. Please select a start group for your child based on the length of the distance, rather than one’s age, because only the parent can accurately evaluate the child’s abilities. Participation in our sport events should be a memorable pleasant experience for the child. Please keep in mind that in our children’s events the winners are not determined.
7) Where can I find information on whether my child won a raffle prize?
The winners of the raffle prizes at the children's events are announced at the start location. All of the raffle prizes that are not claimed on location can be claimed later from the office of Club Tartu Marathon. The names of the winners of unclaimed raffle prizes are disclosed on our homepage after the event. Raffle prizes can be claimed within 1 month after the event.
1) If I lost something at the race, where could I get information on found objects?
On the race day, please turn to the lost-and-found point located at the finish location that mediates lost-and-found objects. After the race, information on lost-and-found objects can be obtained from the office of Club Tartu Maraton (via email at firstname.lastname@example.org). Objects found from the service points and on the track are sent to the office within a couple of days after the event.
Lost-and-found objects can be claimed after the event from Club Tartu Maraton within 1 month after the event. Be sure to ask, as we usually have more found objects, than the people looking for their lost belongings!
2) How and where can I get a diploma?
The diplomas are available at the race headquarters at the finish location. Our events apply a system, where diplomas are printed on location only for the interested parties. They can be later claimed within 1 month from the office of Club Tartu Maraton. Diplomas are not sent through postal services!
Before you call our information line at +372 742 1664+372 742 1664 or +372 515 0360, please try to find the information from our homepage:
- Information regarding each event is displayed on a separate page, when you click on the corresponding event on the homepage.
- Earlier results are available from two locations:
- Please click RESULTS under the events on the homepage. By filling out the name fields you get an overview of your previous results.
- If you are registered as a user on the homepage of Tartu Maraton, then you can find your personal results under your account in the SELF SERVICE section.
NB! Computerized timing began in 1983 at the Tartu Maraton, but an electronic database was created only in 1994, thus making the results from the 80s incomplete. Paper protocols starting from 1980 are available at the club for viewing for the interested people.
Event statistics can be viewed by clicking HISTORY from the lower menu on the homepage.
3) The information booklet included in the start package is not another piece of scrap paper, but an important information source for the participant.
We recommend that you take out your start materials during the days before the races, and carefully read through the information therein and the schematics. We are certain that you shall find the answer there to many questions that arise. Prior to the event, the information booklet is also available on our homepage: please select the event and then the useful information section.