1. 42. TARTU MARATON (TM) OPEN TRACK belongs to the 2013 calendar of international long distance ski race series Worldloppet (WL).
2. 42. TM Open Track is organized by Club Tartu Maraton (the Organizing Committee of 42. Tartu Maraton is confirmed by the Council of Club Tartu Maraton) with sponsors and supporters.
3. 42. TM will be organized according to the cross-country long distance skiing race rules of the Estonian Ski Association and FIS, current Rules & Regulations, the official program of the competition and according to the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
4. 42. TM Open Track takes place on Sunday, February 10th 2013.
63 km starts at 9:00 at Ski Stadium of Tehvandi Sport Center in Otepää (stamp for the WL long races)
31 km start at 11:00 at Arula crossroad, 8th km of Otepää-Puka road (stamp for the WL short races)
11th Ladies’ Race 16 km start at 12.00 in Palu service point, by Otepää – Rõngu road
42. TM Open Track is not a competition, the results will be published in alphabetical order without ranking.
Finish is open at 12:00-17:00 in Elva Shooting Range (Tartumaa Tervisespordikeskus).
5. There are 6 service points (SP) on the 63 km course: 1. Matu 12km, 2. Ande 23km, 3. Kuutse 32km, 4. Peebu 39km, 5. Palu 46,6km, 6. Hellenurme 53,5km. There are 3 service points on the 31 km course: 1.Peebu -7 km, 2.Palu-14,6km, 3.Hellenurme -21,5 km. There is 1 SP in 16 km. Drinks and food are also available in the finish area.
6. Time limits of passing SP’s:
|service point||closing time|
|Start in Otepää||10.00|
|Matu 12. km||11.00|
|Ande 23. km||12.00|
|Kuutse 32. km||13.00|
|Peebu 39. km||13.50|
|Palu 46,6. km||14.50|
|Hellenurme 53,5. km||15.45|
|Finish 63. km||17.00|
Not passing the service points before time limit, leads to disqualification. These skiers will be taken to the finish area by bus.
7. Free and classic technique is permitted.
8. Participation is on your own responsibility.
9. Registration takes place
* in the race office in Tartu, Laulupeo Ave 25 (tel +327 421644, fax +372 422 536),
* in internet www.tartumaraton.ee ,
* in the start areas starting 1,5 hours before start.
10. Entry fees:
|up to 09.02.2013||25 €||20 €||15 €|
|10.02.2013||35 €||30 €||20 €|
11. In case of giving up the participation, entry fee will not be refunded.
12. If the race is cancelled due to force majeure (circumstances not depending on the organizers), the entry fees will not be refunded.
13. Start fee includes: starting bib; time keeping (only in case of correctly attached time keeping chip during all the race); result in the results list in alphabetical order; service and catering in the SP-s and finish; diploma with name and result; luggage transport from start to finish; medical service if necessary; transport of abandoned skiers.
14. To get a result the time keeping chip must be correctly attached to your right ankle (up to 20 cm from the ground) from start to finish. After exiting the finish corridor, hand the chip to the organizer. The participant is responsible for the chip from the moment start number is handed out until it is handed over in the finish. In case of losing or not returning the chip, penalty 30 EUR will follow.
15. There are shuttle buses to the start from Tartu and Elva (finish car park) to start areas and after the race from finish car park to start areas and Tartu. All bus rides are paid. Bus tickets to the start areas must be purchased from the Race Centre prior to the race day. The day ticket price in Race Centre is 4 €, from the bus 5 €.
15. Parking in start areas and in finish car park is free.